This is a maintenance release to fix reported issues and add refinement to existing features. In addition to bug fixes and performance improvements, it includes following enhancements:
- When you mouseover the badge showing who liked a post, you will now see a larger list of who liked that post. You can still click to get the full list.
- Ratings now show half-stars for the average (for example, if one user votes 3 stars and another 4, it will show 3 and a half stars) and there is now an indication if you have rated something.
- A "Preview" button has been added to the post editor which shows how the post will appear after BBCode processing. Tabs show how the post will appear on desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Users can now choose to ignore notifications for being mentioned in posts by particular users.
- You can now filter searches by specific forums/categories.
- You can now control whether open and click tracking should be used for emails sent by SparkPost.
- The filter dropdowns now have an "Apply" button for better usability (previously you had to click outside the dropdown).
- The "Expanded/Collapsed" toggles are now clearer.
- Hitting back from a clicked item in any activity stream now remembers your position and loaded results.
Other enhancements and improvements:
- The way dates are formatted can now be customised by language strings. For example, if you want to change the date format to "DD-MM-YYYY" that is now possible. With this change, the new default is US-style ("March 4, 1992") rather than the previous European-style ("4 March 1992").
- Advertisements no longer have padding which makes them easier to position in other areas such as headers.
- When comparing revisions of articles in Pages databases, a new browser-based diff tool is used which is more user-friendly and moves the computation from the server to the user's browser for greater performance.
- Better indication of files pending approval in Downloads.
- The version number for themes now displays in the AdminCP list.
- If you are using the utf8 rather than utf8mb4 character set (which will mean you can't post Emoji) there is a new tool in the AdminCP to upgrade to utf8mb4.
- System logs have been rewritten to use the database for logging where possible with a more user-friendly interface in the AdminCP.
- Downloading files from Amazon S3 has been changed to redirect the user to a temporary download URL rather than serve the file through your server for significantly improved performance and reliability, especially with large files.
- If it is available on the server, ImageMagick will now be used rather than GD by default. ImageMagick also has a new setting to control JPG quality.
- APC User Cache is now supported in addition to APC.
This release does not support PHP 5.4 as it is end of life and no longer supported by PHP. If you are running PHP 5.4 do not upgrade and ask your web host to update to a supported version of PHP.
In addition to many smaller bug fixes and performance improvements, the following important fixes are included:
- Uploading animated gifs was broken in some areas
- Support departments in Commerce could not be deleted.
- Member groups could not be deleted.
- The summary when submitting a calendar event may show the wrong time.
- Double posts may occur on Windows servers.
- Reports were not being sorted correctly.
- PM search is now more reliable.
- Profiles, and pages from the Pages app were missing from the sitemap in the default configuration.
- Using very high limits for the number of questions per poll may cause errors.
- Setting up the REST API may fail.
- There has been API changes to \IPS\Email. Contributors can view details here: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/429144-4112-changes-ipsemail/
- There has been API changes to \IPS\Log. Contributors can view details here: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/429065-4112-changes-ipslog/
- An earlier version of IPS Community Suite performed coding standard checks when in developer mode, throwing errors if code did not meet certain coding standards. This functionality has been restored. Note that these checks only run in developer mode.
- CKEditor has been updated to 4.5.9.
- FontAwesome has been updated to 4.6.0.
- jQuery has been updated to 1.12.3.
- CodeMirror has been updated to 5.14.2.
- XRegExp has been updated to 3.1.0.
- The REST API output for a member now has a "validating" element to indicate if the member is awaiting validation.
- The code to update the impressions for an advertisements has been moved from \IPS\Output::sendOutput() into a new method, \IPS\core\Avdertisement::updateImpressions() for easier hooking.
- Queue tasks now have an optional method, postComplete(), which is ran after the queue task has finished for any final cleanup that needs to be performed.
- The DEV_DEBUG_TEMPLATES constant has been renamed to DEBUG_TEMPLATES and now works when not in developer mode.
- You can now add a postUpgrade.php file to any folder in the setup folder of an application to define a message which should display after upgrading through that version.