In addition to many bug fixes and performance improvements, some specifics include:
New Features & Settings
- Legacy PayPal gateway to allow for older PayPal Subscriptions to still be recognised.
- Attachment Type Restrictions: You can now choose from three options for file attachments in any post content: No files, Images only (this will actually check to make sure an uploaded file is a valid image) or All files (this is default) - If you choose "All files" you have the option to provide a list of allowed file extensions.
- Merge Concurrent Posts: If a user makes a post or comment and then makes another post or comment on the same item before any other user, the posts will be merged. There is a setting to disable or set the time limit for this to happen. There is a clear, visual indication when a merge happens to avoid confusion to the end user.
- Moderators can click and hold on topic and other item titles to quickly edit.
- New setting to optionally set products in Commerce to have a grace period to remain active for a period of time after expiration.
- New setting to specify domains to exclude from having rel='nofollow' added to links.
- The "+ Create" menu at the top of the page now has an option to create an announcement.
- New button to post a status within the status updates widget
- You can now embed Pages database entries by pasting their link.
- New widgets for blog entry, gallery images and downloads files feeds.
- Widgets displaying content feeds can now be given a custom title.
- The subject lines for emails sent about new content have been changed slightly so email clients can group them better.
- Some widgets providing duplicate functionality have been merged. For example, "Latest Topics" has been merged into "Topic Feed".
- Announcements now show on every page by default (but can still be removed).
- When upgrading, if you have a large database you are presented with an option to run queries manually. You can now opt to run them anyway.
- New ability to disable but not uninstall an app.
- IPS apps that are not up to date will be disabled on upgrade to prevent things breaking.
- The Support system in the AdminCP will now disable non-IPS apps in addition to all plugins as part of its diagnostics. It will also show you a list if what it is disabling to help you find problems.
Notes for translators
- The public-facing navigation tabs now have language strings separate from the application title (this means translators will need to re-translate the application tabs upon upgrade).
188.8.131.52 was released to fix:
- Making a post might not work on older versions of PHP
- Editing permissions for a module may not work
- Issues with widgets after upgrading
- Some clients seeing apps turning offline on upgrade
184.108.40.206 was released to fix:
- Fixes an issue where comments on Blog entries may not work
- Fixes an issue where custom drop down fields in Pages databases may not work
File attachment options: