2nd copy of IPB connected to same DB?

SJ77

I do not think there will be a problem uploading. Upload directory 'home/public_html/uploads'  is managed by the IPS software, and which URL will appear depending on the Storage settings.

When using a browser for attachment, this browser gets this Custom Url and every upload will be addressed to the att.yourdomain.com of my example here, and here Cloudflare or Cdn have no obstacle. That's what I saw in my tests. I do not use Cloudflare, but the logic  the Storage settings is working so very accurately.

If it's just to remove the downloads app from Cloudflare thres no need for subdomains, just just Cloudflares page rules.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200172316-How-do-I-exclude-a-specific-URL-from-Cloudflare-s-caching-

For example IPS downloads app is at 

https://invisionpower.com/files/

So they would add https://invisionpower.com/files/* which would wildcard the entire apps downloads and exclude from Cloudflares cache. 

If you're wanting to remove the cache from attachments to forum posts you would need to setup the subdomain as shown earlier.

5 hours ago, Adlago said:

I do not think there will be a problem uploading. Upload directory 'home/public_html/uploads'  is managed by the IPS software, and which URL will appear depending on the Storage settings.

When using a browser for attachment, this browser gets this Custom Url and every upload will be addressed to the att.yourdomain.com of my example here, and here Cloudflare or Cdn have no obstacle. That's what I saw in my tests. I do not use Cloudflare, but the logic  the Storage settings is working so very accurately.

I think there is a bit of misunderstand how cdn's work. Traditionally cdn's get a request for upload.something.com/something.pdf and then if they dont have it cached they send the request to your server www.something.com/something.pdf and pull the file, cache it before sending it to the browser. They dont normally accept the upload of something.pdf and send it to your server as they have no idea about your cookies/sessions etc so how could they add the file to the server as the user.

Because the IPB setting is for CDN's primarily which wont allow uploads to go through them to your server I would not expect that to change the url path the form's file is sent to. If it did it would break uploads when used with MaxCDN etc as uploads cant be routed through their servers to yours.

On 21/05/2017 at 0:31 AM, superj707 said:

That isn't the objective. I do know how to set that up in the ACP.

The objective is to be able to use cloudflare. Cloudflare is amazing but it has a 100MB limit for any file.

Often my files sizes in downloads are larger than 100MB and it won't work with cloudflare. I contacted them and they said the only option is to put the part of my site that I don't want going though cloudflare on a subdomain.  I have no idea how to do this so I was thinking about this idea in this thread but I guess that won't work either. It's so frustrating.

anyway to put just downloads app on a subdomain?

Have you actually tested this? IPB uses chunking for downloads, so it should bypass the download size restrictions - I have served multiple gigabyte files from my site through cloudflare and the one issue that did occur, the specifics of I can't remember but I think it involved PHP segfaulting/crashing, was not due to Cloudflare.

1 hour ago, Colonel_mortis said:

Have you actually tested this? IPB uses chunking for downloads, so it should bypass the download size restrictions - I have served multiple gigabyte files from my site through cloudflare and the one issue that did occur, the specifics of I can't remember but I think it involved PHP segfaulting/crashing, was not due to Cloudflare.

Its not downloads, just to be clear, there are no download size limits with cloudflare. Its uploads. Cloudflare wont process requests greater than 100mb via POST without paying more.

33 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

Its not downloads, just to be clear, there are no download size limits with cloudflare. Its uploads. Cloudflare wont process requests greater than 100mb via POST without paying more.

This!! Really need work around

52 minutes ago, ZeroHour said:

19 minutes ago, superj707 said:

This!! Really need work around

On 5/20/2017 at 5:22 PM, superj707 said:

Wondering if I had a second copy of IPB could I have it connected to the same database as my main site but running from a different URL? Would that work?

Goal is to have downloads running from 1 URL and the rest of the site on another. This way I can use cloudflare for most of my site but have it bypass downloads (avoiding the 100MB Cloud Flare limitations)

Anyone know??

Way to mis-represent the issue from the word GO.  

Good luck.

1 hour ago, Aiwa said:

Way to mis-represent the issue from the word GO.  

Good luck.

See the issue is confusion regarding the ips app called "downloads" and the verb downloads. Read it again while thinking about an app named downloads and it will make sense 

On 5/20/2017 at 7:03 PM, superj707 said:

but I don't have a file storage issue. I have an  "I can't use cloudflare and still allow my users to upload large files " issue.

Also look what I replied to you with here.

As I noted above, there is no built-in functionality to change the upload behavior within the application.  If you can find and change that reference in the code to point the POST action to a different URL, you can use a VHOST to have a different (non-CF) URL that uses the same IPB instance.  

The download page should have a form action on it.  Anytime you submit a form (such as search, post, login, etc) it posts the data to the server.

For example, on this site, I went to the marketplace and got to the screen where I would upload a file to the IPS Extras category.

It's submitting the file to the form action:

<.form accept-charset='utf-8' method="post" action="https://invisionpower.com/files/submit/?do=submit&amp;category=131" id='elDownloadsSubmit' enctype="multipart/form-data"   data-ipsForm data-controller='downloads.front.submit.main'>

If you can find the code that is generating that submit action, you could change say invisionpower.com/files to be say cf-unprotected.invisionpower.com/files.  

If you have access to something like CPanel where you can create redirects or subdomains...  you can just change the document root to be the same as your main site.  See below for an example.

5924d6490690c_ScreenShot2017-05-23at8_38_12PM.png.6b2aac1dabc06d6d9f9279fb4347c488.png

Archived