Category Checkbox visible in Fluid View sidebar widget

KT Walrus

Small suggestion: The Category headers in Fluid View do not have an associated checkbox in front of the Category Name. This hides the feature that all forums in the category may be selected by clicking on the category name. I would like to see a checkbox in front of the category name just like the checkboxes in front of the forum names. I had no clue that I could click on the Category Name to select all the forums in the category (or de-select them), so I would click on each individual top-level forum in the category. Seems like a UX error to not make this feature more visible since it is useful for everyday use. Maybe I just wasn't thinking clearly when I thought I had to check the top-level forum checkboxes when a shortcut was available.

category-selection.thumb.png.82bb885fd9e8ab0cd011814211fd99db.png

50 minutes ago, amator said:

That checkbox in front of cat would look bad. The category must look different so you can differentiate between cat and forum

Why do I need to differentiate between "cat and forum"? All forums in this sidebar are categories. The widget is really just a category selection form where you can select a category and any subcategories with a single click.

What is so special about the root category forums except they are at level 1 in the list of categories?

Anyway, my suggestion is a small UX nit, but selection of a category should be consistent whether the category is at the root or nested. IMHO.

Archived