Ads don't show at right place

Umar205523

Hello Everyone,

I am using Google AdSense. In the Admin CP, I have selected the options to show Ads at:

1) Just above the page footer.

2) After the first topic in each forum.

3) After the first post in each forum.

But, on my site (www.sepakistan.com), the ads show up at the top, bottom , in the side bar and don't show up at 2) and 3). 

Any ideas how can I fix this?

Thanks.

Thanks. Yeah, this one is configured correct. I wonder if there is something with ADsesne and they way it works that I can't control the exact location of ads.

I really want to show the ads after the first topic in each forum and after the first post in each forum but it wouldn't show. Can I create a non-critical support ticket for these items?

Screen Shot 2017-05-19 at 8.18.14 AM.png

Are you using responsive ads? There are some issues with those that could be the problem.

I suggest making ONE adsense ad unit per Invision location. It will help with reporting in adsense as well, and if you need to in the future, change which forum groups see which ad.

Even if they will all be 728x90 ad units (although if you use a sidebar ad don't make it too wide and not too long if you can help it)

I would also suggest starting with regular non-responsive ads. You can always setup a new "Responsive" ad location in the invision ACP later once you've confirmed the regular types work.

You would end up with 4 Adsense Ad Units (name them by location, ie Header, Footer, Forum List, Topic Thread), which you would then create 4 Invision advertising slots for.

Finally, make sure when you're testing (ie as a guest to see if they work) that you DON"T click on them. As long as they show up, they are fine.

Responsive ads have some issues currently.

Read this thread.

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/437367-does-ips-not-fully-allow-responsive-adsense-in-mobile/

I had to add:

/**
 * This file is for your custom CSS.
 * This file is not modified or overwritten during upgrades
 */
/* GOOGLE AD CODE FOR RESPONSIVE ADS */
#ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 300px; height: 250px; }
@media (min-width:380px) { #ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 336px; height: 280px; } }
@media (min-width:764px) { #ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }
@media (min-width:980px) { #ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 468px; height: 60px; } }
@media (min-width:1160px) { #ipsLayout_mainArea .adsbygoogle { width: 728px; height: 90px; } }
	#ipsLayout_sidebar .adsbygoogle { width: 300px; height: 250px; }
@media (min-width:380px) { #ipsLayout_sidebar .adsbygoogle { width: 336px; height: 280px; } }
@media (min-width:980px) { #ipsLayout_sidebar .adsbygoogle { width: 300px; height: 600px; } }

Archived