upgrade rotation

izy110

Hello  

does that mean that ipb has such an big security issue that we need a patch every  week? Will the Update rotation stay like that?  I have to rename  and edit some stuff every time . I just ask as a client who have alot more effort now for the same price. It seems like everytime I turn on the forum I need to upgrade. It might have some reason I dont know? 

Would you rather them leave you un patched? It's changing software. There will always be patches with any software releases. I am glad that they take security seriously and release patches ASAP. I don't think they release security patches anymore than other forum companies do. As far as your changes. Make sure you are putting everything in your "custom.css" file that way you don't have to worry about changes. Me, myself, I love updates. I love it when they release them. Each one brings more stability, and bug fixes.

A significant attack on my country's national health service has landed and it turns out that the systems were vulnerable even though the vendor had patched them last year. Now my health, and especially my partner's health, is potentially at great risk... all because of a lack of updates.

So, yeah, you're going to have to swallow some inconvenience. Prioritising security is better for literally everybody, and the more people are forced to think about this and consider it in their lives then the less tolerant they'll become of the scumbag thieves and assholes who cause these problems.

Could IPS improve the update infrastructure? Yes, in fact they have hinted at doing just that. But when it comes to security, I'll bear a lot more inconvenience than is present even now and so should everybody else.

Archived