Pages : tutorials ?

SecondSight

Hello ! :)

I'm not working for a few days, so I have time to learn how to use Pages.

What I want to achieve is :

1- an article section, with text, videos and images : I already have it, but I would like to make it look like a blog and have a menu on one side showing all categories (so far it looks like the board's categories).

2- a video section : I want to display videos published on YouTube.

3- a MOOC section : I use Adobe Captivate to create e-learning content, but I don't know how to publish it in Pages.

Can you  give me pieces of advice (knowing that my programming skills are not that good), and do you know about some good tutorials which could help me get started ?

Thank you ! :)

51 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

and do you know about some good tutorials which could help me get started ?

Sure!

https://invisionpower.com/4guides/suite-applications/pages/

1- an article section, with text, videos and images : I already have it, but I would like to make it look like a blog and have a menu on one side showing all categories (so far it looks like the board's categories).

No problem. In your database settings, choose “Database Index: Show records like articles".
The categories in the sidebar can be shown through a categories widget you can pick in the sidebar block manager. 

2- a video section : I want to display videos published on YouTube.

Also no problem. Add a custom field to your video database and pick “YouTube” as field type. Make sure to set the field to show BELOW the content. 

3- a MOOC section : I use Adobe Captivate to create e-learning content, but I don't know how to publish it in Pages.

I can’t help with that. 

7 minutes ago, opentype said:

No problem. In your database settings, choose “Database Index: Show records like articles".
The categories in the sidebar can be shown through a categories widget you can pick in the sidebar block manager. 

Yes, I remember doing this once, but I gave up because the only places available for the widget were above and below the articles : in Pages, I couldn't put a block beside the articles.

In fact, I had to edit the page and enable "Show the suite sidebar on this page". Now it's fine. :)

22 minutes ago, opentype said:

Also no problem. Add a custom field to your video database and pick “YouTube” as field type. Make sure to set the field to show BELOW the content. 

Now I'm going to work on this.

Thank you very much for your help. :)

• 2 months later...
On 10. 5. 2017 at 7:41 AM, SecondSight said:

Yes, I remember doing this once, but I gave up because the only places available for the widget were above and below the articles : in Pages, I couldn't put a block beside the articles.

I created articles where I use Youtube fields. But there is no option if I want to show videos above or below content.

Now videos are above content.

Is there way how can I put videos below content?

Anyone?

Archived