Commerce - Zip first then auto fill

MADMAN32395

Instead of asking City/Province, State. Why don't we just ask country, then zip. After zip it would auto fill. If no autofill fall back onto manually entering rest of information. I've seen a few sites do it and love seeing it when I don't have to type as much information in by hand. 

Great idea. This can sometimes be the difference between me feeling resentful for filling in billing info and feeling less resentful for filling in billing info. Forms are genuinely one of the worst inventions ever; surely making them less torturous would create some goodwill?

The Google Address autocomplete should be filling in this information automatically and hopefully a user will never have to get to city/state/province/country/zip. Are you all seeing an issue with this feature?

The way modern webshops handle address forms (at least here in The Netherlands) is that you basically only get 3 fields: ZIP code, house number and an optional suffix (for instance if your house number is 123 B, the B would go into the suffix field). The full address is then automatically fetched from an address database.

Personally, I love webshops that do this. It really does take the notorious pain away from address forms.

13 hours ago, Jim M said:

The Google Address autocomplete should be filling in this information automatically and hopefully a user will never have to get to city/state/province/country/zip. Are you all seeing an issue with this feature?

For me this works as intended ( once you start typing in your house number) but i'm also thinking about the admins that don't have Google API connected/configured.

Archived