No forum sidebar?

Mack_au

I've been setting up my upgraded 4.x install, and eventually seemed to get everything sorted.

The only issue that seems to remain is that I no longer have a sidebar in the forum. I might have been using a plugin in the old install, but I've got a sidebar on my frontpage, but I can't find where I can add one to the forum.

Am I missing something here?

So I'm worried I'm not understanding what you working on.  Normally you have Index page, Forum page and Topic pages in the "Forum" section.  When you view any of those pull out the block side bar (which opentype just showed).  You just have to be viewing the page, but you have to do it for every major type of (not each)  page including blogs, custom pages,  etc.

Oh wow.

There it is.

1 minute ago, clearvision said:

So I'm worried I'm not understanding what you working on.  Normally you have Index page, Forum page and Topic pages in the "Forum" section.  When you view any of those pull out the block side bar (which opentype just showed).  You just have to be viewing the page, but you have to do it for every major type of (not each)  page including blogs, custom pages,  etc.

I did the frontpage sidebar (and footer) from the ACP editor. I didn't know/realise that the arrow button that Opentype showed was how to do it for the forum.

It's all fixed now :)

@Mack_au

Not sure if you are working on your real site or a test site.  I just upgraded a few weeks ago.

The one thing I ran into, is I set up a test site the way I wanted it, then ported my real site.  The template changes were easy, just save and load the template files.  The block changes (and custom blocks if any) were a pain as you have to reposition and recreate them all.  So you need to make notes on your blocks, on what pages, permissions and if custom blocks, parameters and copy code by hand back and forth. 

@clearvision

It's my real site, but duplicated onto a new server (if that makes sense) and then upgraded.

Thankfully I don't use that many block type things, just databases & pages (where the database is either just a listing, or the specific records). Only hassle was setting the record/listing viewing option to show values like they used to. Not sure why it wasn't made the default in the first place. Setting up the menu/dropdowns took a little time.

But all good now.

• 3 months later...

Archived