Huge mysql since upgrade

Hi,

I recently upgraded my forum from version 3.4 to the latest version. This process also updated mysql.

Today I received an email from my host telling my my database is too big, and I have a current size of 761 MB and reached the limit of 400 MB. How can I reduced the database size? Never had this problem before. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

Converting to the latest version the database uses utf8mb4 and that make the database bigger so it is normal.

If you have a limitation for 400MB for your database then you must look for a bigger plan on the current host or get a new host :)

1 minute ago, ASTRAPI said:

Converting to the latest version the database uses utf8mb4 and that make the database bigger so it is normal.

If you have a limitation for 400MB for your database then you must look for a bigger plan on the current host or get a new host :)

possible duplicate tables after conversion? I know I did when I converted, backed up and deleted the temporary tables it created. I just don't recall what exactly they were labeled as 

1 hour ago, MADMAN32395 said:

possible duplicate tables after conversion? I know I did when I converted, backed up and deleted the temporary tables it created. I just don't recall what exactly they were labeled as 

Yes currently duplicate tables are created, check your database to see if this is the case, if so and your upgrade has completed fine, you can remove the old_ tables. 

Old tables have a special prefix (can't remember at this point what it is) orig?

also check error log table. I've had issues leading to that table growing gigantic. If this is the issue you can fix whatever is causing the errors then truncate the table

edit: yup

Archived