BBCode Tag for Custom CKEditor Button

David..

19 minutes ago, clearvision said:

Not sure what exactly you are asking, but if it is why a custom button does not show up on smaller screens in the editor bar, you need to add the button to each of the 3 screen sizes.

Large, Medium, Small tabs are at the top of the ACP Toolbar Editor page.

And if I can't add it to the small tab, how can I make it so people can use that button the manual way?

Like tags?

47 minutes ago, clearvision said:

The custom buttons generate html right into the editor box so you can't.

That's exactly what the quote tags do and they don't appear on small screens. I don't see how it's not possible to add custom bbcode.

If you mean you can use

[quote][/quote]

on small screen that is because it is a standard bbcode and the editor knows to convert standard bbcode to html before posting.  It technically is not related to the quote button in the editor which skips the bbcode step and just inserts html forming a quote.  Just happens to be an equivalent bbcode to the button.

7 minutes ago, David.. said:

This option used to be in IPB3. Just thought that it would be on IPS4 also. Guess not.

Yes, there are several threads about it going away and complaints.  We used custom codes on our 3.4 site for pasting info into posts and then adjusting result in time by changing bbcode definition as needed.  I'm still working on ways around not having them as we go to 4.x

Archived