TDB Posts (41x)

TDB Posts is a Topic Feed Block with a lot of options to help display your Topics the way you want and... it's free. :)

Just updated the Plug-in to version v1.04. This version has a lot of bug fixes, changes and new options.

Changes from the previous version.

1. Change: Re-wrote most of the widget coding. Being new to IPS I used wrong functions that dealt with the plugin settings.
2. Change: Removed admin settings, all the plug-in settings are not done via the front end for easier management.
3. Fix: There was a missing file that prevented the plug-in from working correctly.
4. Fix: There was a caching issue that slowed the forum down with large databases. The plug-in now caches correctly.
5. Added: Honour Permissions: IPS forum hides posts that members do not have permission to see, toggling this will allow your members to see these posts. Same behaviour as the Default Topic Feed options.
6. Added:  Group filtering, posts can be displayed from selected groups.
7. Added: Status, Pinned, Featured, Visibility and Approval options. Plug-in can now filter Topics/Posts via these different options.
8. Added: Authors: Topics/Posts can be filtered by multiple Authors.
9. Added: Minimum Posts, Topics can be filtered to show by the amount of replies.
10. Added: Filter Topics by a set amount of days or from the beginning.
11. Added: Sort by pull down menu. You can now sort by Default, Recently Updated, Title, Most Commented, Start Date and Most Viewed.
12. Added: By Default, IPS Topic Feed only displays the first Topic information regardless of how many replies the Topic has. With this option, you can elect to use the last posters information and comment.
13. Added: Display Hidden Files Only. You can now filter the block feed to only display Hidden files. Excellent for your moderation team.
14. Added: Post Dates, enable to disable the post date from being displaying in the block.
15. Added: Topic Forum, enable or disable the Topic Forum from being displayed.
16. Added: Mini Pagination, enable or disable Pagination from being displaced with the block.
17. Added: Best Answers, enable or disable the ability to display Questions that have been answered or requiring an answer on your forum.
18. Added: Polls, you can now filter the block to only display Topics that have Polls on your forum.
19. Added: Preview Post on hover. When hovering over the topic link in the block a preview will be displayed of the first and last post.
20. Bugs Fixes. Loads of little bug fixes and changes.

Please let me know if you find any bugs, issue or would like to see any new features in the next version.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2017 at 7:36 PM, Phillyman said:

I loaded this plugin last night, It shows on the wizard and I put the block in place and configure the settings......but nothing ever shows. Any ideas?

On 01/06/2017 at 11:24 AM, darth12 said:

Plugin is broken. The block never appears. Which forums it should display topics from is never saved.

Sorry to hear that you're both having issues with the plug-in. The last update should have fixed this issue.

I would suggest re-download from market,  uninstall any version may have installed, clear IPS cache and install the latest version.  Once reinstalled, edit from the frontend and save.

If this still doesn't work for you, please contact me via PM and I will have a look at this for you.

• 1 month later...
On 05/06/2017 at 0:31 PM, TDBF said:

Sorry to hear that you're both having issues with the plug-in. The last update should have fixed this issue.

I would suggest re-download from market,  uninstall any version may have installed, clear IPS cache and install the latest version.  Once reinstalled, edit from the frontend and save.

If this still doesn't work for you, please contact me via PM and I will have a look at this for you.

Same issue, I have found another plugin that will work. Thanks though

On 12/07/2017 at 9:15 AM, darth12 said:

Same issue, I have found another plugin that will work. Thanks though

I'm pleased that you where able to find a plug-in which worked for you. :)

I am puzzled that the version in the market place doesn't work, as that version was was to fix that issue. Also note, before any posts show, you have to edit the plugin settings and then save. If you don't do this, nothing will show up.

My suggestion would be to uninstall the plug-in, clear out your cache and re-install. and try place the block. Also, could you check your system & error logs to see if there is anything there in regards to the plug-in.

Edited by TDBF
13 hours ago, FGN said:

not trying to but in..but this works perfect...and on 4.2

i did the clear cache..but didn't uninstall.....and works just fine

Thank you,

Seems a few people are having issues with this plug-in and I an unsure as to where the issue could be.

If you have tried to use the version in the Market Place and you are having the issues described (Ie not showing after you install and update the plug-in settings) then please feel free to contact me. I would very much like to get to the bottom of the issue and working for everyone.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was SO pleased to have found this plugin! I’ve just upgraded from IPB 3.3.4 to 4.3.4, and for years and years I used to use Headstand’s hooks to show latest replies. All I could find for IPB 4 were widgets for different types of latest topics, none of which showed the most recent replies with some teaser text. I and my members have been feeling rather lost without it...

Then I found yours, and cautiously tried it on IPB 4.3.4 even though I knew it might not be compatible, and it seems to work fine. Not only does it have many options, it even shows the topic hovercard when hovering over the topic title, which was a surprise and welcome addition!

Except... I have the same problem as FFXIV Admin - it only works if all forums are selected. If I try to manually include only some forums whilst excluding others, the widget then shows blank. If I go back to edit it, it shows all forums as unselected, hence the widget showing blank.

If it helps any, the System Logs shows me an error for “template_tdb_posts”:

IPS\Db\Exception::1054

SELECT forums_topics.*, author.*, last_commenter.* FROM `xxx_forums_topics` AS `forums_topics`  LEFT JOIN `xxx_forums_forums` AS `forums_forums` ON forums_topics.forum_id=forums_forums.id  LEFT JOIN `xxx_core_members` AS `author` ON author.member_id = forums_topics.starter_id  LEFT JOIN `xxx_core_members` AS `last_commenter` ON last_commenter.member_id = forums_topics.last_poster_id WHERE forums_forums.password IS NULL AND forums_forums.can_view_others=1 AND forum_id IN (Array) AND forums_topics.approved ='1' AND ( forums_topics.approved=1 OR ( forums_topics.approved=0 AND ( forums_topics.starter_id=1 ) ) ) AND forums_topics.approved!=-2 AND ( NULLIF(forums_topics.moved_to, '') IS NULL ) AND forums_topics.forum_id IN(2,21,42,66,67,68,73,74,75,77,80,96,99,105,106,107,108,111,112,113,114,121,123,124,125,129,130) ORDER BY last_post desc LIMIT 3
Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause'

and 14 lines of stuff that’s in the “Backtrace” box below it.

Would there be any chance, please pretty please, to update this for IPB 4.3? I’d happily pay for it, there’s no other plugin that offers as many options. (Even better, would be if one could use it multiple times.)

• 2 months later...

Quick note

Just updated the plugin to version 1.05. This version features:

1. Fixed: The plugin was not saving the values for the Forum ID's.  (JCSnider)
  2. Added: Display Club Forum posts with Forum posts, (JCSnider)
  3. Added: Display Club Forum posts only.
  4. Added: Can now hide Topic Prefixes from displaying in the block.
  5. Changed: Updated the template to reflect 4.3 changes.
  6. Fixed: Other minor issues.

If you have installed this plugin and it does not show in the Block Menu, can you please contact IPB Support over this matter or PM with your server specs. I have tried to replicate this behaviour on numerous installs and never come across this problem. I can't fix what if I cannot replicate it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...