Admin can make replies and posts, members cannot and timeout

nodle

Anyone ever run into a problem where the Admin can make a post or reply and it's instant, when a member does it will just hang at saving and eventually timeout. This is even with all the default theme and all customization disabled. Any ideas? Just started out of the blue.

Do you have any third party applications or plugins that effect the posting screen or perhaps topic view ?

By this I mean something like a plugin that 'pre-populates' content in the post screen or perhaps something that changes the way quotes or embedded content is displayed.

Are you able to (depending on your community/rules etc) able to login as one of the effected accounts to verify if it does this to you ?

Would be also worth asking what browser the effected member(s) are using too, so if practical you can test with one of those if its different to what you normally use.

Been tested on all browser, from multiple locations, including flushing caches, flushing dns caches as well. The last thing I did was switch themes, but even if I run the support tool and have it disable all add-ons and use the default them the same thing happens. I ask behind cloudflare, but have even disabled that as well to test with and the same thing. It's just strange that me being admin have no problems. But as soon as I choose any member then I run into a problem. I have been trying to chase my changes I made when I went to a new theme, but can't think of anything I've done to make something like this happen, plus going back to default theme should override this. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, kelotz said:

we have the same issue, only admin can post or send a private message.

other group keeps on loading after clicking the save button and nothing happens

It's opcache.

An issue has been identified with PHP7.1 when using the Zend Opcache extension that may cause features on your site, such as member posting, not to work correctly. To resolve this issue, please disable the Zend Opcache PHP extension. The underlying issue is related to a third party library used by the Community Suite which has been updated in our upcoming 4.2 release, at which point the Opcache extension may be re-enabled.

Archived