How to hide user group titles?

#october

Hi, all

I'm pretty new to IPB but I picked it up today and have been tooling around and customizing it to my liking but I seem to have hit a snag.

I need to hide usergroups from titles on profile pages, post bits, and the hovercard because it prevents me from using my board for its intended purpose where main usergroups should be secret, but all of the guides I've seen for it are quite a few years old and don't seem to help. They're taking me to places in the theme settings that don't exist and I am hopelessly lost.

Thanks for any help you guys have to offer!

7 hours ago, Martin A. said:

Hi,

Give this plugin a try. It's currently hiding the group name for all members on the public side, but I can easily change it to allow administrators to still see the name. I have not checked all over the suite, so there might still be some places where it's shown, let me know if you find any.

Remove Group Name.xml

Thanks! That deals with my most pressing concern.

Is there a way I can edit this so that I can show some groups still? Like whoever is administrator?

56 minutes ago, #october said:

Thanks, @Martin A., truly appreciate it!

Glad you like it :)

20 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

Oh I am tempted. Currently using CSS to do this but this appears to be more flexible. Can I also assume this is less complicated since theme edits can become difficult to keep intact, between updates and whatnot?

This is done server side, if I can say it like that, so it'll work on all themes. I bet it even works if using it externally.

57 minutes ago, AndyF said:

Just checked and approved it. :) Works well.

You are amazingly quick with the approvals, I must say :thumbsup: After 1 or 2 minutes  you had already downloaded it.

1 hour ago, Martin A. said:

Glad you like it :)

This is done server side, if I can say it like that, so it'll work on all themes. I bet it even works if using it externally.

You are amazingly quick with the approvals, I must say :thumbsup: After 1 or 2 minutes  you had already downloaded it.

Just good timing really, I was here at the moment the notification arrived and was not halfway though another task. (apart from thinking about a fresh coffee) :)

Archived