Please allow choice of showing signature on mobile

Washerhelp

Invision Power has decided no one wants to show signatures on the mobile platform. I'm sure there's a logical reason why this might be a good idea for many forums. But I need my signature to show on my forums in the mobile version. Can it not be made an administrators choice?

I give a lot of advice on my forums and need a disclaimer in my signature. This plays a very important role. I can't be the only admin with important information in their signature? Please give us more choices of how we run our forums. I need people to see my safety warnings and disclaimer. I don't care about any other signatures but it would be great to be able to switch them on for admins.

Thanks. Does anyone know why sigs should be completely banished by the developers? As I say I understand how it might be desirable to have them not display in restricted space especially as many of them are just rubbish - no offence meant ;) but I don't understand why so many things are decided by IPS with no option to override by admins. Some signatures used by admins contain useful, pertinent and even essential information. 

• 3 months later...

Like on my site (Mopar1973Man.Com) the signature is used for vehicle information so its a required thing on my site so I've got to produce a hack to display signatures on mobile devices.

Go into the templates edit this...

<div data-role="memberSignature" class='ipsResponsive_hidePhone'>

To this...

<div data-role="memberSignature">

Signatures are displayed with this hack.

1 hour ago, Mopar1973Man said:

Like on my site (Mopar1973Man.Com) the signature is used for vehicle information so its a required thing on my site so I've got to produce a hack to display signatures on mobile devices.

To this...

Nominating this for IPS Tip of the Day.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8/1/2017 at 3:10 AM, ehren. said:

A css solution is always easier to maintain, and is upgrade-friendly ;)

/* Show signatures on all devices */
.ipsApp div[data-role="memberSignature"]{ display: block !important; }

Thanks I want them to show on mobile too so I shall do this   THANKS it worked brilliantly..

6 hours ago, kar3n2 said:

Do you think perhaps that is if the images are too big that we might allow? 

That's what I was assuming is that on mobile it would take a lot less of that to cause a problem. And if people allowed less in sigs, then people would be more limited on standard devices. I guess what they could do is make an option where you choose to have only text show in sigs when in mobile or allow nothing or allow everything. So then it would alter sigs depending on if you're in mobile or not.

I have tested on mobile and sigs are responsive but just as on the laptop they have to be restricted in image sizes else they will just be too much for people to bear seeing large images throughout the conversations. 

So yeah they work on mobiles nicely too that's what I needed to see.

On 01/08/2017 at 12:24 AM, Mopar1973Man said:

To this...

Thank you for this - this is what I was looking for!

Archived