Adding to a link

Zephers

trying to figure out the proper way to code a change to a link.

So the current code is:

<a href='{$member->url()}' data-searchable>

What I would like is to add this to the end of the url "/&tab=field_core_pfield_31"

But thus far every attempt I made has ignored what was added. Appreciate any help you can offer :)

it didn't work for some reason.

What I am trying to do is change a link from the main profile page to the page that has the About Me as the active tab.

So I want to add to the profile link. When I use this it ignores the added characters and uses the original link.

Basically instead of it linking to:

site/index.php?/profile/383-derrick-mason-gray/

I want it to link to:

site/index.php?/profile/383-derrick-mason-gray/&tab=field_core_pfield_31

using you link it still links to:
site/index.php?/profile/383-derrick-mason-gray/

for some reason.

This is the exact code I am trying to update:

{template="userLink" app="core" group="global" params="$member"}
				</a>

@Zephers

OK.  Must be talking about different part of the site.  This is my link for the profile tab .......r.com/profile/1-admin/?tab=field_core_pfield_1

Are you sure you don't have some other queries before the the "tab="   You need to have a ? right after profile/ to start the query. 

If you have multiple queries you could have ?something=xxx&tab=field_core....

Sorry if I'm pointing out basic URL stuff if I'm not understanding what you are trying to do.

Might be me not explaining well :p

so on here my profile link is this:

https://invisionpower.com/profile/531843-zephers/

But if I look at my About me tab my profile link becomes:

https://invisionpower.com/profile/531843-zephers/?tab=field_core_pfield_23

So here you see a ?tab. But on my site when I do the same two links my profile and then my profile using the About Me tab as active the two links are:

http://mysite.com/index.php?/profile/1-zeph/

then 

http://mysite.com/index.php?/profile/1-zeph/&tab=field_core_pfield_31

So here is a weird thing. If I change the & to a ? in my link it still works. But if you naturally navigate to the about me page it is the &

So I guess in theory if I have the ? it should still work.

Which brings me back to how do I change the below code to include the /?tab=field_core_pfield_31

{template="userLink" app="core" group="global" params="$member"}
				</a>

So as was posted by Adriano above, this does what you want if you have $member in the template...

<a href='{$member->url()->setQueryString( 'tab', 'field_core_pfield_17' )}'>link</a>

That generates ...de/index.php?/profile/1-name/&tab=field_core_pfield_17 on my site which works.  

so it doesn't work but I think its because I am putting it into the search template so the coded string is overriding.

I think I need to edit the userlink template to make this happen but this one is beyond me:

{{if $member->member_id AND \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->canAccessModule( \IPS\Application\Module::get( 'core', 'members' ) ) }}<a href='{{if $warningRef}}{$member->url()->setQueryString( 'wr', $warningRef )}{{else}}{$member->url()}{{endif}}' data-ipsHover data-ipsHover-target='{$member->url()->setQueryString( array( 'do' => 'hovercard', 'wr' => $warningRef, 'referrer' => urlencode( \IPS\Request::i()->url() ) ) )}' title="{lang="view_user_profile" sprintf="$member->name"}" class="ipsType_break">{{if $groupFormatting && $member->group['prefix']}}{$member->group['prefix']|raw}{{endif}}{$member->name}{{if $groupFormatting && $member->group['suffix']}}{$member->group['suffix']|raw}{{endif}}</a>{{else}}{{if $groupFormatting && $member->group['prefix']}}{$member->group['prefix']|raw}{{endif}}{$member->name}{{if $groupFormatting && $member->group['suffix']}}{$member->group['suffix']|raw}{{endif}}{{endif}}

Archived