Validation Email goes to spam folder

This is very common and happens to the best of us. The issue here is that either your DNS is not verified or the IP your DNS is routed to has been reported as spam within the network. I highly doubt you're blacklisted because if that were the case all outgoing mail would be rejected.

Only time can fix this really but there is one sure way to resolve this over night and that is to use a 3rd party processor for your emails. This way you're guaranteed verified emails and you can even use your own mail system as a forwarder. 

In your ACP navigate to Systems < Community Enhancements
Sparkpost is already integrated and all you have to do is register an account with sparkpost. Now before you do so I do want to mention that sparkpost and IPS hasn't had the best relationship and word around the grape vine is that they're looking for another provider. But in the mean time it's a good solution.

Check to see if your IP is blacklisted

Healthy Email Standard
When sending mail, especially bulk or auto mail, you need to focus on content, links and in some cases even sentence structure. Mail processors such as hotmail, outlook yahoo, gmail and so forth have pretty in depth spam countermeasures that rate a mails potency based on above characteristics. Don't add anything with special characters, symbols, numbers or wildcards especially for links. This is an automatic red flag. Keep them simple and clean to avoid getting them dumped in the spam folder.

• 3 weeks later...

And Hotmail can be a PITA (pain in the arse) no matter WHAT you do.  Their so-called SmartScreen filter is a little to over protective frequently.
They also want you to participate in the Return Path Certification Program - of course at an additional fee for you to pay (from a $400 USD application fee/$1,374 USD monthly fee up to $3,500 USD application fee/$82,500 USD monthly fee - based upon amount of mail sent).

11 hours ago, Tracy Perry said:

And Hotmail can be a PITA (pain in the arse) no matter WHAT you do.  Their so-called SmartScreen filter is a little to over protective frequently.
They also want you to participate in the Return Path Certification Program - of course at an additional fee for you to pay (from a $400 USD application fee/$1,374 USD monthly fee up to $3,500 USD application fee/$82,500 USD monthly fee - based upon amount of mail sent).

Yeah hotmail are pain tbh. The other problem is o365 which works using nearly the same system so if you have a lot of business sign ups they will get hit with the problem. I use our o365 to diagnose issues as its running recommended settings but with a few extra headers so I can test.

7 hours ago, ZeroHour said:

Yeah hotmail are pain tbh. The other problem is o365 which works using nearly the same system so if you have a lot of business sign ups they will get hit with the problem. I use our o365 to diagnose issues as its running recommended settings but with a few extra headers so I can test.

Yes, Hotmail.com/live.com/outlook.com are all the same... and is what O365 is based upon.  You have troubles with one, you have troubles with all. :sorcerer:

Archived