Pages and posting topic to forum question

marklcfc

If I post a topic to the forum, and use forum for comments and then after turn it off, will the news post still have those comments from the forum topic and will it stay on the forum too?

The idea was to post some topics to forums, but not all.

9 minutes ago, opentype said:

There is no “both options”. It’s either forum storage (shown in 2 places) or database storage (shown below the record only). 

As said, if you deactivate forum storage, nothing will show below the articles anymore. It will wait for new database comments. 

Yeah, my point is I wanted to share one article to the forum but then keep the comments for that article when I turn it off and don't post further articles to the forum.

Maybe now and then I would want to share an article into the forum, but not every single one. I didn't know whether that was possible.

It's a bit confusing. So this is what I had it as for my first article, posted to the forum and forum comments appeared in the news item as well. News item also allowed for comments which I assume show in both news item and forum topic

database.png.0b0b05891b75699c4a40dab087da8e15.png

If I turn post topic off, what happens to that news item that had comments? Do the comments disappear for good?

Told you 2 times already. ;-) 

With those settings your record did NOT have comments. The comments were posted in the forum and (in addition) SHOWN below the record. But they aren’t stored there and will disappear if you unlink it. Just as I said and just as the decription below the setting says. 

Archived