An 500 error, No answers to why?

EmpireKicking

I can not find to the answer of what just happen to my website. Wired. I seen an new update patch and so I went onto my website (I last checked 2 to 3 hours ago) and came up as an 500 error. Even on the ACP 500 error.

1.  I check my htaccess and all looks fine
  2. I clear the cache from cloudflare and disable it and did it 3 times
  3. I keep clearing my end and it still hapening
  4. I downloaded the new patch and uploaded to my server myself and then clear cache and nothing

So I just waiting another 5mins and then it loaded up and after it loaded I then updated the new patch from the ACP. I can not put my finger on it!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else?

1 hour ago, Daniel F said:

Is there anything in your ACP system logs?

There is one log for today but it happen at 7PM EST time, and that's after the 500 internal error 

1 hour ago, Adlago said:

Remove it and try it without him

I did remove it and nothing then I added it back again.

I only can think of one option!! Some days ago I uploaded the theme.ini to fixed some bugs from IPS and worked good until the patch 4.1.19.1 got released and as the ACP got the message or whatnot it came up as an 500 error !!! I did mention that I downloaded the 4.1.19.1 files and uploaded it to my server

9 minutes ago, inkredible said:

If you don't see anything in your error log it's because you have disabled error logging in your PHP settings.

It's not

3 minutes ago, Adlago said:

and check your conf_global php

It's all in order.

Website is running anyway www.baysidegamers.com  

2 minutes ago, EmpireKickass said:

It's not

It's all in order.

Website is running anyway www.baysidegamers.com  

Unless you are using a custom PHP version, using a bad configured htaccess, using the @-error-control operator prefix in code (IPS doesn't) or because of your PHP configuration it's not possible that it wouldn't log the errors. So I can only recommend you to check your php configuration again so that you will see the error log. Maybe you have specified a different path for the error log or as I already assumed you have disabled error logging.

48 minutes ago, inkredible said:

Unless you are using a custom PHP version, using a bad configured htaccess, using the @-error-control operator prefix in code (IPS doesn't) or because of your PHP configuration it's not possible that it wouldn't log the errors. So I can only recommend you to check your php configuration again so that you will see the error log. Maybe you have specified a different path for the error log or as I already assumed you have disabled error logging.

IPS overrides the error handler to write it to the system logs instead of to the server logs, so provided that the error is not so severe that the IPS handler can't run, there will be nothing logged to the server's PHP logs. If the OP was able to determine that it was a 500 error, it should have displayed the IPS error page, so should be in the system logs. However, if it's a database issue, it might be in the system file logs instead of the database - that is accessible by clicking the button at the top of the normal logs page.

Archived