Upgrade to 4.1.19.1 appears to have broken all embeds

markymids

I tried to register a new account and got this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.

Error code: 2S129/1

Tried two different email address, same error.

Very frustrating.  I only updated to 4.1.19 because it was a security update.  Had issues on both sites was told I needed to update to 4.1.19.1.  Updated one site, now I have different issues and can't test the original item that broke.

Seems to be working again now - had about a 10 minute outage where no embeds were working and it was saying my licence key wasn't recognised & it couldn't connect to external websites.. seems to magically have resolved itself.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

I tried to register a new account and got this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

You are not permitted to register a user account with this site.

Error code: 2S129/1

Tried two different email address, same error.

Very frustrating.  I only updated to 4.1.19 because it was a security update.  Had issues on both sites was told I needed to update to 4.1.19.1.  Updated one site, now I have different issues and can't test the original item that broke.

I'm always getting that error, I'm wondering if that's why I'm getting so few people register at the moment. :lol:

2 minutes ago, opentype said:

Depends on your site. It can make no difference or all the difference. 

We used to have problems with spam in the past on v3.4 and without reCAPTCHA 2 ... Since our community is small and specific we added one extra check which leads to zero spam - one approved post to become a regular user. Up to 5 approvals on a good day.

What about this feature - can it also result into such problems?

Check IP address when validating session?

6 hours ago, opentype said:

Normally (i.e. if it is unrelated to the upgrade) that means the IPS Spam service flagged you. Trying different email addresses won’t help in that case – which is of course intentional. 

lol the IPS filter hates me. both my gmail and domain emails are rejected as level 4 spam.... i dont spam or mass register anywhere.

11 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

lol the IPS filter hates me. both my gmail and domain emails are rejected as level 4 spam.... i dont spam or mass register anywhere.

The spam filter is a hit or miss. I've disabled it on mine because legit users would contact me asking why they got banned.

Maybe if someone gets flagged as spammer on other websites, IPS treats that user as a spammer when he registers to the new website also.

Archived