PHP 7.1 - PHP-FPM and Caching on WHM/cPanel

5 minutes ago, RoHAdmin said:

so I recently updated to EA4 and 7.1 using the recommended setup here in this thread and my site doesn't work at all since doing so

http://www.remnantsofhope.com/boards/

nothing but computer language that is unreadable. 

I'm not sure what could be causing this?   I am running MariaDB as well. 

Your homepage is working meaning apache is not faulty.  May be something with the script or required components?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jcdesign said:

Check the php extension for the 7.1 profile, so all required extension is active.

When I switched to 7.1 almost all php extension was unactive at the 7.1 profile.

what I have provisioned in the profile

apache24

apr

apr-util

config

config-runtime

cpanel-tools

documentroot

libcurl

mod_asis

mod_authn_anon

mod_authn_socache

mod_bwlimited

mod_cgi

mod_deflate

mod_env

mod_expires

mod_headers

mod_mpm_prefork

mod_proxy

mod_proxy_fcgi

mod_proxy_http

mod_ssl

mod_suexec

mod_suphp

mod_version

php-cli

php-cli-lsphp

php71

php71-libc-client

php71-pear

php71-php

php71-php-bcmath

php71-php-calendar

php71-php-cli

php71-php-common

php71-php-curl

php71-php-devel

php71-php-enchant

php71-php-exif

php71-php-fileinfo

php71-php-fpm

php71-php-ftp

php71-php-gd

php71-php-gettext

php71-php-iconv

php71-php-imap

php71-php-litespeed

php71-php-mbstring

php71-php-mysqlnd

php71-php-opcache

php71-php-pdo

php71-php-pgsql

php71-php-posix

php71-php-sockets

php71-php-xml

php71-php-zip

php71-runtime

php71-scldevel

profiles-cpanel

tools

per support I even checked the ips4.php file after and everything shows it should be working just fine

http://www.remnantsofhope.com/boards/ips4.php

On 21.03.2017 at 8:08 PM, inkredible said:

I have contacted our server administrator (he's freelancing for us, but he's a fulltime server administrator). He said that our setup to use MPM event, PHP-FPM and Opcache is decent and works. You have to enable PHP-FPM domain by domain in your MultiPHP Manager. With phpinfo() you can check whether everything is running as intended.

I have tried to build this up but MPM Event, PHP-FPM and Opcache does not seem to be able to exist at once cause once php71-php  is selected( needed for dso and for OPcache ) mpm_event is uninstalled.

Do you say MPM_Event  & PHP-FPM will work with Opcache ?

MazdaClubTRSnip31.JPG.02d2cf97de89c756d27d71828f311002.JPG

well... after trial and error and trial and error 'rinse and repeat about 500 times' everything works...I'm not at all sure what I did to get it that way... but yeah it works... I'm hesitating to move to php 7.1 atm though because I just got everything working with 7.0...I don't want to break something again lol

3 hours ago, ABGenc said:

I have tried to build this up but MPM Event, PHP-FPM and Opcache does not seem to be able to exist at once cause once php71-php  is selected( needed for dso and for OPcache ) mpm_event is uninstalled.

Do you say MPM_Event  & PHP-FPM will work with Opcache ?

MazdaClubTRSnip31.JPG.02d2cf97de89c756d27d71828f311002.JPG

Hmm the only difference I can see is that you are seeing a more updated php 7.1 than I've got: 

t8fjPQU.png

TxPbhd_.png

4 minutes ago, inkredible said:

Hmm the only difference I can see is that you are seeing a more updated php 7.1 than I've got:

That should have been installed tonight. Is php71-php is installed on yours ? Can you varify opcache is wotking with this setup ?

11 minutes ago, ABGenc said:

That should have been installed tonight. Is php71-php is installed on yours ? Can you varify opcache is wotking with this setup ?

Yes it is and yes I can confirm that opcache is working. I have checked the hitrate and stuff to optimize my OpCache config. I can also see opcache listed in my phpinfo on a PHP7.1 domain.

Just now, inkredible said:

Yes it is and yes I can confirm that opcache is working. I have checked the hitrate and stuff to optimize my OpCache config. I can also see opcache listed in my phpinfo on a PHP7.1 domain.

You see the error above ? When I try to install php71.-php in uninstalls mod_mpm_event saying it conflicts. *confused*

Just now, ABGenc said:

You see the error above ? When I try to install php71.-php in uninstalls mod_mpm_event saying it conflicts. *confused*

I remember about the mod_cgid incompability but I don't remember any incompabilities with mpm_event. You may want to contact the CPanel support. Cpanel offers the best support I've anywhere seen, every supporter there seems to be super qualified. 

Just now, inkredible said:

I remember about the mod_cgid incompability but I don't remember any incompabilities with mpm_event. You may want to contact the CPanel support. Cpanel offers the best support I've anywhere seen, every supporter there seems to be super qualified. 

Will check that. Currently I am running mpm_prefork , php-fpm and opcache . Not bad at all ;)

On ‎21‎.‎03‎.‎2017 at 10:41 PM, ABGenc said:

Things are quite fine at the moment. Just trying to optimize and get things sorted and updated. Willing to settle on ;

PHP 7.1, MaridDB 10.1 ( done ) , All tables InnoDB

I believe a minimum PHP extensions list would be a good topic too where ppl could extend it according to their needs as you told.

For those WHO might be intersted, I have made all the conversions and upgrade and now have reached my target.

I am running the site on Apache with mpm_prefork , php-fpm and opcache and PHP 7.1.3, MySQL  5.5.5-10.1.22-MariaDB and all my databases converted to InnoDB from MyISAM .. Looks like it is working fast now ;)

On 2017-03-23 at 2:04 AM, ABGenc said:

For those WHO might be intersted, I have made all the conversions and upgrade and now have reached my target.

I am running the site on Apache with mpm_prefork , php-fpm and opcache and PHP 7.1.3, MySQL  5.5.5-10.1.22-MariaDB and all my databases converted to InnoDB from MyISAM .. Looks like it is working fast now ;)

Is there a reason you want to run prefork instead of event? 

Archived