java script Advertisement question

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/03/2017 at 0:13 AM, Jim M said:

JavaScript is disabled in the ACP for security. The ad will display on the front-end of your community if you set it up as instructed by the ad publisher

Hi,

I have tried javascript adverts from different affiliates companies including amazon and I get this error in the acp and I can confirm the adverts are NOT showing on the front end of the site.

So there must be a bug

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I have tried javascript adverts from different affiliates companies including amazon and I get this error in the acp and I can confirm the adverts are NOT showing on the front end of the site.

So there must be a bug

Any Javascript in the ACP will get the disabled error as we purposely do that in the ACP for security. However, if the script is setup properly, it should show on the front-end just fine in the position it is placed. I would suggest contacting the publishing companies you're using and ensuring that the ad script is installed properly. If you're still having issues with the actual script showing up in the HTML source in the browser, please submit a ticket and we can assist you.

2 minutes ago, Jim M said:

Any Javascript in the ACP will get the disabled error as we purposely do that in the ACP for security. However, if the script is setup properly, it should show on the front-end just fine in the position it is placed. I would suggest contacting the publishing companies you're using and ensuring that the ad script is installed properly. If you're still having issues with the actual script showing up in the HTML source in the browser, please submit a ticket and we can assist you.

Hi,

We worked out it was an HTTPS issue and have posted the workaround here

https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/437025-javascript-disabled-for-security/#comment-2685700

As your customers move across to HTTPS you might need to reference this solutiuon to them as they hit the same problem

Archived