Delayed Deletes

inkredible

Hi,

I read about your upcoming feature which does make sense. I think it's pretty common that posts/user generated content is usually never deleted as space is so cheap nowadays. Is there a reason why you wouldn't offer a "never delete content" option?

Edit 2: Why does this section/thread require approval? :D

31 minutes ago, Charles said:

Wouldn't that be just "shut off delete permissions" ? :)

I mean that you can still delete them but you can also restore them at any time. I checked your announcement thread again and apparently it shows these posts as "hidden". I thought they would disappear completely from the frontend (also for mods and admins) but you could restore them from the admincp.

I'd also very much like the ability to retain deleted content indefinitely.  This was a feature at some point in 3.x (the "Trashcan" forum), but was removed, much to my disappointment.  It is extremely useful in many circumstances to retain this content so it can be viewed and/or restored if necessary. 

On 18.3.2017 at 2:59 AM, Charles said:

Or move. 

If you don't want content deleted then shut off the delete permission :)

I think we all were heading towards something else. Basically a "delete" flag for posts in the database and it should be treated exactly like deleted content (hidden content is still visible to admins and mods). Also if user delete content by theirselves we still want it to be stored indefinetely. At least that's what I was requesting here.

Archived