Desktop version of IPB on a mobile phone ?

SecondSight

Hello ! :)

Do you know if there is a way to force a "normal" (desktop ?) display of a board on a mobile phone ?

I find the IPB mobile version not functional at all (I'm using an iPhone 6S). It's not practical because accessing content you are looking for is difficult, the member's menu is discouraging. So I would like to allow my board's members to use the normal version.

Is it possible ?

Thank you ! :)

Hello ! :)

11 hours ago, Makoto said:

Does Safari on iOS not have this feature?

I don't have this menu on Safari. I can achieve the same by holding my finger on the reload icon in the adress bar, or use the Share icon at the bottom, to get a menu to request the desktop version of the site. Except that it doesn't work with my board : Safari reloads the mobile version.

I could use an app which loads the desktop version too. I just need to find one with no ads and I can't suggest my board's members to pay for an app just to have the desktop version.

7 minutes ago, SecondSight said:

I just need to find one with no ads and I can't suggest my board's members to pay for an app just to have the desktop version.

Use maxthon 5 cloud browser it has this option :) plus adblock and many more features 

1 minute ago, SecondSight said:

I'm going to have a look at Maxthon. :)

I've just installed it but I get the same problem : I have the menu just like on the video, but it reloads the mobile version.

Does it reload the mobile version on this forum as well, or is it just on your forum?

It wont work as the way how it requests a desktop version is to change the useragent. Responsive sites though change depending on the resolution of the screen not the useragent so regardless it will show exactly the same in both modes.

1 hour ago, ZeroHour said:

It wont work as the way how it requests a desktop version is to change the useragent. Responsive sites though change depending on the resolution of the screen not the useragent so regardless it will show exactly the same in both modes.

It does work on Android though.

1 hour ago, Makoto said:

It does work on Android though.

Android may be reporting a different screen resolution, try testing both against www.whatsmyuseragent.com and see what the differences are, I know thats how it used to work but things could have changed now.

7 hours ago, Martin A. said:

iOS is not reporting a different resolution when doing this. It's just changing the UA to MacOS.

2017-03-18_09_14_50.png2017-03-18_09_15_04.png

Yeah that will be why it wont work on iOS, Responsive is based on screen resolution not user agent. I wonder what android is doing though.

• 5 weeks later...
On 2017-03-17 at 1:57 PM, TAMAN said:

Use maxthon 5 cloud browser it has this option :) plus adblock and many more features 

I would never use Maxthon, since manu security companies seem to have revealed that this browser harvests infromation and sends it to Beijing servers!

http://www.securityweek.com/maxthon-browser-sends-sensitive-data-china

NOT WORTH THE RISK.

Archived