Chat?

Jamer

This is probably a stupid question however, I am stumped! 

I have upgraded my forum to the latest version and within the ACP I have Chat enabled but how do I access it? I have checked I have permission to enter the module but how do I get it to appear? 

The same question to who is online plugin, it is all installed but how do I view it on the front end?

1. You should see it on the menu bar itself, on the browse tab then the next row down typically reads something like:

Forums Gallery Downloads etc etc there should be Chat here

Is it not there ? Temporarily try to directly access it to see if it works or if it does not then you know it is likely a permission issue. The URL is usually site url . com / chat

2. On the left side click the arrow to open the sidebar and then you should see a listing of the widgets you can add. Expand each category as needed. Simply drag / drop them into an appropriate place and save. You may wish to save them at their position then re-open the sidebar to 'edit' them, I find sometimes this slightly easier if you're moving or altering several at one session.

6 hours ago, AndyF said:

1. You should see it on the menu bar itself, on the browse tab then the next row down typically reads something like:

Forums Gallery Downloads etc etc there should be Chat here

Is it not there ? Temporarily try to directly access it to see if it works or if it does not then you know it is likely a permission issue. The URL is usually site url . com / chat

2. On the left side click the arrow to open the sidebar and then you should see a listing of the widgets you can add. Expand each category as needed. Simply drag / drop them into an appropriate place and save. You may wish to save them at their position then re-open the sidebar to 'edit' them, I find sometimes this slightly easier if you're moving or altering several at one session.

Hi Andy and thank you for responding, below is how my admin panel looks, as you can see Chat is there and enabled and In the permission section my group is ticked, however, there is nothing happening on the front end, it was the same when I tried to install a plugin, it installed but I cannot find anything? I added/chat at the end of my url and I just just says url not found?

Site.png

9 hours ago, Jamer said:

I have opened a ticket, thank you. :thumbsup:

You're welcome. :)

I am aware of a few small patches but they do not (with the possible plugin exception one) seem to relevant however you could try them if you wanted to while you await your ticket.

I would say if you're in any way not sure, do not apply them and just await your ticket.

They are listed in the Release Notes page.

Archived