IPS Dark Theme Edits

Subseven

2 minutes ago, sweethoney said:

go to your them and you should change everything there just hit the edit button 

I've been in there for a while. Not so easy I'm afraid I must be missing it or it's in another spot.

Also these if possible.

changecolors2.jpg

16 minutes ago, Subseven said:

I've been in there for a while. Not so easy I'm afraid I must be missing it or it's in another spot.

Also these if possible.

changecolors2.jpg

To edit the "4 Members, 0 Guests" text, select your theme in the AdminCP, click edit (the pen, not the code brackets), and select the Text Colors tab, then change the "Light text" color.  But the problem is that this color is also used by the generic shaded text across the site, so you can't edit one without editing a lot of text across your site.

I'm afraid I don't know how to change that specifically, as I don't really have time of my own to delve into advanced theming.  Good luck!

I can help you with the search field text.  I've included below the custom CSS code I use to control the color of the Quick Search field on my own site.

You need to include this code in your theme's custom.css file.  To get to this file:

1. Go to your themes listing, and for your theme click Edit HTML and CSS </>
  2. On the next screen, click the CSS tab. In the Search templates... field, enter custom.css and hit Enter.  Click the filename when it shows up in the directory tree and it will open as a tab in the editing screen.
  3. Copy/paste the text below, title the section as you want and save it.  Don't save in any other file, because your changes will be overwritten with theme updates.  custom.css is never overwritten, and all your changes are read on top of the base theme settings.

So you may have to tweak the color values to get what you want (sorry, can't remember which one specifically controls the Search... text), but a bit of trial and error will get you what you want.

Hope this helps!

/* SEARCH: the color of the quick search menu on the splash page */
#elSearch {
	border-radius: 20px;
	padding: 4px 10px 4px 10px;
	background: #8ec5f9;
  	color: #fff;
	margin: 2px 0;
	height: 26px;
	width: 170px;
	position: relative;
	opacity: 0.8;
	{prefix="transition" value="0.1s all linear"}
}

#elSearch #elSearchField::-webkit-input-placeholder{
}
#elSearch #elSearchField::-moz-placeholder{
}
#elSearch #elSearchField:-ms-input-placeholder{
}
#elSearch #elSearchField:-moz-placeholder{
}

7 minutes ago, Subseven said:

Thanks, but that don't change it. It changes text elsewhere.

Are you sure?  I just changed it on my site and it changes the "Online Now" information text color as well as the feed information on my Blog and Database feeds.

Unless the theme has a fundamentally different setup than the default (which is the only one I've modified).

Ahh.  Sorry I couldn't be of help.  About the only thing I can tell you is how I managed to muddle through the changes I made on my own:

One thing you can try (if you haven't already): for the element you want to change, select it on the webpage, right-click it and click Inspect Element (or the equivalent).  In the window that opens, look for CSS tag names that identify that element and where it's contained.  Then, in the CSS window where you found custom.css, enter that tag name in the search field.  You'll get a list of files that mention that tag.  You may need to do a bit of looking, but often you can find what you need changed that way (although there are things like the Quick Search menu that are more complicated).

One drawback - which many have mentioned - is that there don't seem to be any diagrams available which point to elements on a theme's page(s) with tag values so one could just look them up and change them.

All of this said, I just deal with the default theme right now.  There are others here far more knowledgeable than me about theming and customization.  Best of luck!

Add backgroung and round border on navbar 

you can change this to what you are doing this will change it for you to orange

#elUserNav {
    background-color: #2D2D2D;
    padding: 2px 15px;
    border-radius: 2px;
    right: 15px !important;
}

that will only add to the back round

navbar_forum_titcrea_2016.PNG.d717507116aeaf9153615a2492fb3af8.PNG.pagespeed_ce.dlf70D6QEd.png.8947f8298c976500afefda9054a5e1c3.png

and this will ad to the users

add to css

#elUserNav > li > a {
    color: #ffffff !important;
}

On 3/15/2017 at 5:10 PM, sweethoney said:

Add backgroung and round border on navbar 

you can change this to what you are doing this will change it for you to orange

#elUserNav {
    background-color: #2D2D2D;
    padding: 2px 15px;
    border-radius: 2px;
    right: 15px !important;
}

that will only add to the back round

navbar_forum_titcrea_2016.PNG.d717507116aeaf9153615a2492fb3af8.PNG.pagespeed_ce.dlf70D6QEd.png.8947f8298c976500afefda9054a5e1c3.png

Thanks. Will that only change the background of the search field box so you can see what you are typing?

The user edit for the Who's Online didn't work.

Archived