TDB Stop Shouting (RC)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 27/03/2017 at 11:43 PM, nowloaded said:

Could you explain with examples the differences between Case Types?

Are 5 different types of casing that you can use. No Modification, Sentence Case, Upper Case, Lower Case and Title Case.

Thanks.

1. No Modification: Makes no change to the title. This is for when you want to use other  options such as remove excessive punctuation.
  2. Sentence Case: Lowers all characters in the string and makes the first letter of the first Word uppercase. example: "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog",
  3. Upper Case: Makes all letters uppercase in the sentence. Example: "THE QUICK BROWN FOX JUMPS OVER THE LAZY DOG",
  4. Lower Case: Makes all letters in the sentence lowercase: Example: "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog",
  5. Title Case: Makes the first letter of everyone word uppercase while lowering the rest. "The Quick Brown Fox Jumps Over The Lazy Dog".

I hope that helps. Sorry for taking so long, I never got any notification of replies to this post.

Updated: to version 1.0.1

Changes are as follows:

Fixed: Bug were letters would be capitalised after an apostrophe.
Change: Re-wrote a lot of code to better handle names like McNeill, O’Neill etc. Still not perfect, but should be a little better.
Changed: CMS titles should work a lot better than previously before.
Changed: cleaned up some slow routines and should be faster than the previous version.

There are possibly other changes or bugs which have escaped me at this time.

I would also like to point out, this plug-in is no longer considered RC.

On 7/12/2017 at 3:18 AM, TDBF said:

Updated: to version 1.0.1

Changes are as follows:

Fixed: Bug were letters would be capitalised after an apostrophe.
Change: Re-wrote a lot of code to better handle names like McNeill, O’Neill etc. Still not perfect, but should be a little better.
Changed: CMS titles should work a lot better than previously before.
Changed: cleaned up some slow routines and should be faster than the previous version.

There are possibly other changes or bugs which have escaped me at this time.

I would also like to point out, this plug-in is no longer considered RC.

After some Turkish letters there is a bug now :( 

Ş,Ö,Ü and Ğ etc.

596a62503f234_ScreenShot2017-07-15at21_41_41.png.08a96f7575b30f5fd713a35eb2c8153d.png

1 hour ago, TDBF said:

@uA_Y_C_A

My bad, I used ctype_alnum to check if the first letter was alphanumeric or numeric, and totally forgot that this would be broken for languages such as Chinese, Hebrew, Arabic. Hopefully the change I have made will take those languages into account and work correctly for you.

Can you try this version for me please?

TDB Stop Shouting(20).xml

It works:) Thank you so much again.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Updated this plug-in today

A lot of major changes and bug fixes.

Major changes in the way it deals with languages, hopefully handle them much better. For example 'I' to 'i' in Turkish works as intended (So far in tests)

If you come across any issues, please feel free to let me know, and if you have any suggestions please feel free to post them.

On 10/11/2017 at 6:45 AM, ipslover said:

What's the difference between your plugin and this 

@TDBF 

My apologies, I didn't see your post regarding this.

Best way to find out is to test them all and see which one does the best job for yourself.

I can't really comment on other peoples work, but neither of these plug-ins did what I wanted for my forum. I wrote this to correct a lot off issues there is when trying to deal with Topic titles, neither these handled languages or punctuation very well. For example, if a word had a comma in front then the word wouldn't be displayed correctly when trying to set it as a sentence or upper case.

As I said, test them out yourself to see which suits you needs better.

Updated to version 1.05 which fixes a few issues from the previous release and adds the ability to use PHP MultiByte functions over Transliterator.

I plan on extending this plug-ins functionality to other area's of IPS applications, but I will need to turn this into a Application for this to happen. If anyone is interested in me doing this, please let me know otherwise my only plan is to allow the plug-in to change post content (as requested).

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Stop Shouting Updated: v1.08

Please Note this version has been converted from a Plug-in to a Application.

If you have previously installed the plugin version, do NOT uninstall the plugin until you have installed the Application version first or you will lose your previous settings. I have created a upgrade script, but it seems to be a hit and miss whether or not it will work. You may have to manually port over your plugin settings afterwards.

• Changed: Converted the plugin version to an Application. This will give me much more control over future additions which I have planned for this Application.
  • Changed: The Settings form is now split into 5 different tabs to make it easier to work with.
  • Added:  StopShouting will now handle core applications such as CMS and Calendar Events. I do not have 'Gallery' or 'Blogs' so I cannot test these on my install.
  • Added: The ability to disable or override CMS's built in formatting functions. This is to prevent StopShouting's titles being overwritten by CMS text formatting and to save some CPU cycles. If you want a field to be formatted, you must SELECT it in CMS using the 'Apply Text Formatter' in the field Settings. The formatting Options will be ignored while handled by StopShouting. CMS titles will be handled automatically regardless of these settings.
  • Changed: Optimised the code to reduce overhead and speed things up a little more.
  • Fixed: Titles with certain punctuation characters were not handled correctly and the words afterwards would not be capitalised correctly.
  • Fixed: Exceptions 'words' function was not working as expected. I have finally managed to fix this issues.

If there is anything you would like added to this Application, please let me know.

Just a heads up on the next update.

I will remove the ' transliterator_transliterate' functions of the plugin in the next version and stick with PHP mb_ functions.

If anyone uses these functions and options, please let me know and I may reconsider this change.

• 3 months later...