Mass pruning of potential spammers

StormRise

Hi. I noticed that this forum was for help for 3. something and below but I couldn't find the one for 4. something anywhere so I'm hoping I can maybe get some help here anyway..

Can anyone tell me is there a way to mass prune potential spammers who are asking to become members of my forum?

In my last version I could click on a tab that ticked all the potentials on the page and then just unclick the ones who were ok and delete all the rest as a batch. In this version I have to do each one separately and this is taking an absolute AGE!

My forum is running on 4.1.14.3

Thanks for your time..

Thanks for your reply, but I think I might have confused things a little and for that I'm sorry..

They're not asking to become spammers, they're potential spammers asking to become members...

My system is set to manual validation so I can personally decide who is accepted and who isn't. But on my old system I could click a box at the top of the list and it would tick all members awaiting validation. Then I could un-tick the ones I wanted to keep and then click the delete button and all the ones who were still ticked would disappear...

I cannot understand why they would remove this feature from the AC chest of tricks, it was so darned useful...

23 minutes ago, StormRise said:

My system is set to manual validation so I can personally decide who is accepted and who isn't. But on my old system I could click a box at the top of the list and it would tick all members awaiting validation. Then I could un-tick the ones I wanted to keep and then click the delete button and all the ones who were still ticked would disappear...

I see. I believe there is a check box option for that coming up in a new release (likely 4.2).

We used the same system in 3.4 but tried and found a CAPTCHA, Q&A and email validation worked most of the time.

Archived