Upgrade from 4.1.13.2 to 4.1.18.2?

LDDG

Hello all,

I am currently running IPS 4.1.13.2 and wish to upgrade to the latest 4.1.18.2... I am wondering what would be the best way to go about this, seeing that there has been about 9 updates that I am missing in order to bring it up to 4.1.18.2!! :sick:

Should I revert EVERYTHING back to stock, such as templates, custom edits, etc? So that I make sure everything gets updated and I would basically start with a fresh installation to which I can manually re-do all template edits, or is there a different way to go about this?

Thanks in advance!

26 minutes ago, LDDG said:

Hello all,

I am currently running IPS 4.1.13.2 and wish to upgrade to the latest 4.1.18.2... I am wondering what would be the best way to go about this, seeing that there has been about 9 updates that I am missing in order to bring it up to 4.1.18.2!! :sick:

Should I revert EVERYTHING back to stock, such as templates, custom edits, etc? So that I make sure everything gets updated and I would basically start with a fresh installation to which I can manually re-do all template edits, or is there a different way to go about this?

Thanks in advance!

The best way to go about this imo is to first make a backup of everything, database and forum files, and then upgrade directly to the latest version. There is no need to revert back anything, unless you do not want to keep using certain styles or plugins.

4 minutes ago, Petja said:

The best way to go about this imo is to first make a backup of everything, database and forum files, and then upgrade directly to the latest version. There is no need to revert back anything, unless you do not want to keep using certain styles or plugins.

See, I did just that but the website was all messed up. I tried clearing cache and all that stuff but still didn't work. Luckily I backed everything up and just reverted the changes.

58 minutes ago, Petja said:

See, I did just that but the website was all messed up. I tried clearing cache and all that stuff but still didn't work. Luckily I backed everything up and just reverted the changes.

17 minutes ago, Petja said:

How exactly was it messed up?

The theme was all screwed up. I also updated the theme to the latest version compatible with IPS 4.1.18.2 and even clearing the cache didn't help at all. I switched to fhe default skin but this one also was screwed up visually.

Archived