Personal Gallery?

albertocv

Hello, I just enabled the Gallery application but I am a little confused about how it works. I created a category, an album inside it and uploaded a photo to the album. 

If I access with another user account and click on the Gallery tab I see the album I created and the picture I uploaded. I'd like to use this app so that each user can load his or her photos. They should be visible by other users, but there should not be a shared category to which everyone contributes.

How can I do it?

58 minutes ago, albertocv said:

Hello, I just enabled the Gallery application but I am a little confused about how it works. I created a category, an album inside it and uploaded a photo to the album. 

If I access with another user account and click on the Gallery tab I see the album I created and the picture I uploaded. I'd like to use this app so that each user can load his or her photos. They should be visible by other users, but there should not be a shared category to which everyone contributes.

How can I do it?

Albums are individual, and album owner can define who else can upload.  

Categories are defined by Admin per permission groups.  

Thanks a lot. 

So, I want to use the Gallery up to allow people to upload, organize and show their own photos.

So, I guess the best settings would be to create a single category and allow every one to create as many albums as possible. Right?

Also, can I set the Gallery so as only the owner can upload to his/her albums?

16 minutes ago, albertocv said:

Thanks a lot. 

So, I want to use the Gallery up to allow people to upload, organize and show their own photos.

So, I guess the best settings would be to create a single category and allow every one to create as many albums as possible. Right?

Also, can I set the Gallery so as only the owner can upload to his/her albums?

Yes, the best structure would be to create a single category (for example, "Member Albums") and let your users create their albums within the category.  Depending upon your communitys purpose, you can create different categories for different events, still with the intention of letting users control their own album in each category.  

Albums are controlled by the album owner, and by default the only user who can upload to the album is it's owner.  

Archived