Home directory got deleted...NEED outside help with 3.4.6

Subseven

Who do you all recommend to help me get some my 3.4.6 back up and running? To make a long story short...the directory was deleted on Godady via removing an FTP user and the box being checked to remove that user's home directory! Wiped all of MY sites. I do have recent backups of the databases, but am having trouble getting anything working now. I need to get it back up so IPS can update it to the latest version. I really need some help.

You can upload the 3.4.6 files to the directory where your site was. Edit the config file and point it to the database, as you don't have a backup any customisations are gone and you'll only have the default theme. Also, any uploads, pictures, files etc won't be present.

Thanks. Godaddy just put all 3 of the databases up for me to try. Just tried one of my 3 database backups...I was the only member over over 1200. Wiped it out completely and am about to try installing with one of the other databases. I have 2 more to try. What a nightmare! Even on a small forum.

Praying.

1. Restore the database as database1
  2. Install IPS 3.4.6 in to database2
  3. Edit the conf_global.php file and change the reference to database2 to database1 (make sure your sql account has access to the 2 databases)
  4. Access the ACP url and confirm if that is working or not.
  5. Return here for further assistance from then on....will require you to be able to get in to the ACP first to clear up file paths, rebuild themes etc.

Note: database1 and database2 are used for the sake of making this easier to read. Use whatever database name you want.

I wouldn't install in to an existing database, by the way. It's your call if you want to, but I expect it might have issues if you go down that path.

Thank you. Ok...will try new database on fresh install. 2 worked with no members...and the main one said:

mySQL query error: CREATE TABLE backup_vars (
  backup_var_key    VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  backup_var_value  TEXT,
  PRIMARY KEY (backup_var_key)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;

SQL error: Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
SQL error code: 1071
Date: Wednesday 22nd February 2017 07:07:22 PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2017 19:07:22 +0000
 Error: 1071 - Specified key was too long; max key length is 1000 bytes
 IP Address: 127.0.0.1 - /forums/admin/install/index.php?app=install§ion=install&do=sql
 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 mySQL query error: CREATE TABLE backup_vars (
  backup_var_key    VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT '',
  backup_var_value  TEXT,
  PRIMARY KEY (backup_var_key)
) ENGINE=MyISAM;
 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 | File                                                                       | Function                                                                      | Line No.          |
 |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------|
 | admin/setup/applications/install/sections/install.php                      | [install_install].install_sql                                                 | 89                |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'
 | admin/setup/sources/base/ipsController_setup.php                           | [install_install].doExecute                                                   | 258               |
 '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

Tried all of this. Am not seeing the members. I will try more databases.

If I have to restore to last May...members are going to be upset even more. If this happens, is there anybody that can help to restore the posts and such through the tables in the the databases that I do have?

Archived