Monthly Hottest Topics

Faqole

8 hours ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

Can you add an option for most likes? I have a contest every month that whoever has the most liked topic at the end of the month wins

That is something that is best developed as an apart plugin. I can develop it for you if you are willing it to fund its developement.

15 hours ago, GriefCode said:

I've created such a plugin a while ago, just pushed it up now on github and put it back on my dev server:
https://github.com/Grief-Code/IPS-Widget-TopLikeOfMonth

However, it is not even configureable, only the amount of topics. maybe this can help already to decrease develope times ;)  or it would be already enough.

Monthly Most Liked Topic.xml

I dont understand so is this a plugin?

18 hours ago, Petja said:

I think that this is something best dscussed in private.

pm me yea?

I hope you don't mind to get some feedback for the GitHub code..;)

1. You should mention that it will include ALL topics;) It will even show hidden/soft deleted topics and also topics from forums which the user is probably not allowed to see.

2. You should add the app and type to the query because the core_reputation_index table can have more then a row with the same item_id ( e.g. topic 1 and blog entry 1 will both have the same item_id in the core_reputation_index table 

'likes' => \IPS\Db::i()->select('COUNT(id)', 'core_reputation_index', ['item_id=?', $_dbTopic])->first()

Just now, Daniel F said:

1. You should mention that it will include ALL topics;) It will even show hidden/soft deleted topics and also topics from forums which the user is probably not allowed to see.

2. You should add the app and type to the query because the core_reputation_index table can have more then a row with the same item_id ( e.g. topic 1 and blog entry 1 will both have the same item_id in the core_reputation_index table 

'likes' => \IPS\Db::i()->select('COUNT(id)', 'core_reputation_index', ['item_id=?', $_dbTopic])->first()

I'm prefectly fine with feedback. This is also a reason why i keep it open source, everyone can add feedback and help me to enhance any code as I'm not to familair with the IPS Framework yet. But im starting to like it a lot.

I will update the code in some minutes, thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Thanks again for your suggestions, I have added a check to take care on forums and also added the check for the app. 

However, sorry @Petja for falling into your topic. :hmm: I will stay outside now. 

Archived