Any news on revised Search capabilities?

LiquidFractal

As many of us know, Search functionality in IPB is something of a bone of contention, as per this well-trodden thread:

I'd feel guilty about bumping this issue after it's been discussed so much, but I think this is one of the most important outstanding issues facing IPB.  I'm an arts and humanities educator and scholar - ok, not the most common use of IPB out there (nor will it ever be, I know), but all the same I need to be able to log in to my site and run a quick search for words or phrases and get a comprehensive list.  Things work OK (I stress OK) for the main content, but leaving aside difficulties with AND tag searches (which I know have been tagged as Planned for future fixes), the most frustrating thing for me (and perhaps others) is that content in custom blocks or manually-created pages is not searchable.  In some respects it's almost not worth creating them if they can't be searched from the splash page.  My motivations are of course in part selfish, because as I build research spaces and add custom blocks this search functionality is becoming way more important, but I am not the first (nor will I be the last) who is looking for this crucial functionality.

So @Lindy I know you said in the thread above that you would look in to it, but I was wondering if there was anything more to say right now in terms of future developments?

If I sound insistent, just think of it as a question from someone who loves this software (and who convinced a professor to get a license for a collaborative site ^_^) and sees lots of potential in it for now and the future. :)

Archived