Client Area - Tickets Marked as Resolved Without Notifying

Joel R

• Management

We disabled notifications nearly two years ago after rewording the auto-response several times. Out of the hundreds of tickets we field each day, 1/3-1/2 of them would come back when they got that auto response and either say "this is already resolved, why you are bugging me?!" or "it's all better now, you can resolve this!" or "that issue is resolved, but I have something new." Again, in spite of rewording it even with "no need to reply unless you need to" - it served more confusion than it helped and having 80 "you can close this now" responses simply slows down normal support for everyone, without good reason. 

Currently, the auto-resolve is set to two weeks. It's not typical that someone needs to come back to a ticket that has had no activity on their end for two weeks. Naturally, I'm quite happy to turn it on if this becomes a regular thing - but I'm comfortable with it as-is for now. 

Regarding those tickets - I think we should have done a better job at following the issue up before suggesting an upgrade. That's something I'll address internally. These shouldn't have made it to the two week mark, which is one of my points. I've merged your new tickets and old together and we'll get it looked at as soon as possible. Thanks.

8 hours ago, Lindy said:

I think we should have done a better job at following the issue up before suggesting an upgrade.

I think support does a fantastic job, they have almost always resolved my issues for me.  I have to say, one of the first things they seem to suggest is upgrading, even when the error seems unlikely to be fixed in one of the upgrades.

I kind of agree with Square Wheels.

The support is great, I have to say this. Thanks for it but I also have to say that sometimes the first response is useless and T1 seem to be confused and I got unrelated suggestions as replies. It's often a waste of time to discuss questions that hadn't come up if someone would read my first ticket text completely. I had many unnecessary ticket loops in the past. Often I had to beg that the ticket gets escalated to T2, because the people there seem to be more professional and get what I mean. Specially Stuart and Daniel seem to be very professional.

In general I'm happy to be here and have a great product like yours. THANKS!

• Management

Thanks for the feedback. To be honest, what you're describing is a big pet peeve of mine and while we all get rushed at times and make mistakes, it's important we understand the issue, try to replicate and then make appropriate suggestions vs jumping the gun and moving too quickly. We've all been in those situations where we're not being taken seriously -- such as calling a device manufacturer because the device won't power on and they suggest updating the firmware. That's not the service we strive to provide and if there's ever a concern, please let me know.

Upgrades are tricky. While the "magic upgrader" in the AdminCP has greatly reduced the drama-factor in getting to the latest version, we understand it's not as simple as clicking a button for everyone - in some cases, it requires coordination for backups, outage reports, etc. I agree, we need to and will do better at trying to identify and reproduce issues that are in fact resolved in a current release. Likewise, however, if an issue cannot be reproduced by product support using the latest release, upgrading will be recommended as a matter of course and if an issue needs to be escalated to development support, upgrading will generally be required, as I'm sure you can appreciate.

Thanks again for the feedback. 

Archived