High loads, was fine yesterday, ATTACK ?? or Traffic??

SJ77

Help,

I am having high loads all of a sudden and I don't know why.

Enabled "under attack" with cloudflare. didn't help much (not sure it's even working)

reboot server. ... nothing is helping.

How do I tell if I am under attack or just have high traffic? Did something else break?

Who's Online   263 Members, 18 Anonymous, 100 Guests (See full list)

That's pretty normally for maybe, maybe just a tad high but shouldn't be overwhelming the server.

high loads help.JPG

well I spoke too soon. I think loads were down because of cloudflare not because of REST API. I took cloud flare out of attack back and loads are back at 100% so now I am back in attack mode.

What is happening? Is this a DDOS?

There are plenty DDoS services who can bypass the UAM mode. If you really want to suspend the possiblity of a DDoS attack I recommend you to use the captcha challenge mode. I am not aware of any DDoS services who offer bypassing this technique.

If you are under attack you can message me and I can tell you how we successfully won the fight against DDoS attackers :).

I dunno if it's a DDOS but I will just say that it looks like you're not using nearly as many caching options as you should be. If your server has 32 gigs of RAM and you're only utilizing 7, you're paying for 25 gigs to just sit there. You should crank innodb_buffer_pool_size by a *lot* (assuming you're using MySQL) to keep as much of your database in memory as possible. If you're not using memcached or redis, you should set that up and give it a big memory buffer of its own to play with.

Archived