Full stripe payment gateway

donjuan

Hello,

I love it that you guys support Stripe as gateway, but unfortunately, you guys have only added credit card payments. Stripe supports a few more payments other than credit card: iDeal, SOFORT banking and a few other payment options.

Since my forum is European based, I really need to support iDeal and SOFORT banking atleast as plenty of my users are from the Netherlands or Germany and iDeal/SOFORT banking is what they use there. So I am missing out on quite abit of income. Yes they can make a Paypal, but I know more than 50% of the people there don't have a Paypal and don't want to have a Paypal either, nor do they want a credit card. And you don't want people to sign up and get a whole paypal/creditcard running only to pay for something on your site.  So thing brings a barrier.

I hope that this can be added. It doesn't seem like a big of a change.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...

There is a download in the marketplace already covering iDeal and SOFORT Banking, have a look at this plugin:

I haven't tested it but it looks as if it supports your requirements :) If you check it out, please let us know if everything (usage / fees ...) is fine.

On 17-3-2017 at 11:39 PM, Cyboman said:

There is a download in the marketplace already covering iDeal and SOFORT Banking, have a look at this plugin:

I haven't tested it but it looks as if it supports your requirements :) If you check it out, please let us know if everything (usage / fees ...) is fine.

It works great and the developer is really friendly and supportive. The fees are normal, it's like the Paypal ones on average. :D

On 3/19/2017 at 4:25 AM, donjuan said:

It works great and the developer is really friendly and supportive. The fees are normal, it's like the Paypal ones on average. :D

id prefer to have Stripe worked on instead of having lots of payment gateways, its getting too messy with starting with Paypal, Stripe, then few others. When Stripe could potentially cover the ones you are looking for as well as cryptocurrency payments. Easier to manage 1-3 gateways than 8 or more.

19 hours ago, Edward Shephard said:

Could you also update the Stripe Gateway so that it populates the data-description field with the item(s) that have been purchased please.  This would really help with reconcilliation.

Thank you

Do not want. please make this optional if added as I don't want Stripe having more information than it needs.

On 3/29/2017 at 8:34 AM, superj707 said:

Do not want. please make this optional if added as I don't want Stripe having more information than it needs.

you wouldn't want it saying like your commerce transaction/invoice id , and/or product name? i enjoy seeing it on paypal.

On 3/30/2017 at 7:37 PM, MADMAN32395 said:

you wouldn't want it saying like your commerce transaction/invoice id , and/or product name? i enjoy seeing it on paypal.

No this is the opposite of what I want. Really like it how it is now.

On 3/31/2017 at 6:07 AM, Edward Shephard said:

I agree, even an invoice ID would be helpful.

Invoice id would be okay. No details though. Stripe Nazis are bound to find something wrong and close your account if we give them too many details.

"Membership?? We didn't set your account up to support memberships."

"but I have commerce"

"we have to manage it on our side so we're placing a hold on your account pending further audit"

yeah no thanks!!!

10 minutes ago, superj707 said:

No this is the opposite of what I want. Really like it how it is now.

Invoice id would be okay. No details though. Stripe Nazis are bound to find something wrong and close your account if we give them too many details.

"Membership?? We didn't set your account up to support memberships."

"but I have commerce"

"we have to manage it on our side so we're placing a hold on your account pending further audit"

yeah no thanks!!!

honestly I have never had this issue; but then again I was straight forward with them on what I sold and how It was being sold. within a few months I processed more with Stripe than I did with Paypal. Only wish Stripe's integration with IPS allowed cryptocurrencies.

Archived