SQL Hot Backups

So I am looking at trying to do hot backup with percona so that tables arent locked while we are running our backup. The question I have is that since all of my tables are Innodb except core_search_index. Is it safe to exclude that table from the backup? Will it be rebuilt if I have to restore the database?

Define rebuilt....

If you mean "will the content of the table be rebuilt" then no.....until you click on the 'Rebuild Search Index' button in the Search settings in the ACP.

If you mean "will the table itself be rebuilt" then I would expect not, as it's not in your backup. You might be able to rebuild it by using the support tool in the ACP, which might find that the table is missing and recreate it (and then you'll have to rebuild the search index)....but that assumes that the ACP is reachable if that table is missing.

Why not convert the table to innodb instead?

2 hours ago, josephs8 said:

@Nathan Explosion Should I be worried performance issues if I change that to InnoDB? I know that InnoDB supports fulltext searches now, but just havent looked at the performance on those searched compared to MyISAM.

It requires more ram but performance should be mostly the same or better depending on site traffic. Make sure you are on MySQL 5.6 or MariaDB 10 though.

Archived