Site dead with upgrade to CPanel 62, EA4, PHP 7.1

LiquidFractal

Anyone ever have their site die with a memory error on upgrading?

Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 8192 bytes) in ... public_html/system/Node/Model.php

First I had the memory error with the system's Db.php file; my VPS host is actively working on it and above is what happens now.,

I'm not submitting a ticket to Invision (yet?) as it seems to be a config issue.  I upgraded, hit up my site and it came up fine, but the Member profile card that comes up when the mouse is over their avatar gave me an error.  Then after a couple of pages the site crapped out.  Went into WHM, switched back to PHP 5.6, site worked fine for a bit, then crapped out permanently.  Switched error reports on and saw it was a memory error.

I have a great VPS provider, so I'm not too worried - just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how they might have fixed it?

Waiting for my host to make my site happy again. :cry:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2097152 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 20480 bytes) in .../system/Db/Db.php on line 1272

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'IPS\Db' not found in .../system/Session/Admin.php:103 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: IPS\Session\_Admin->write('ebm86cj7rrf95ku...', '') #1 {main} thrown in .../public_html/system/Session/Admin.php on line 103

2 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

I submitted a support ticket asking precisely this question, and was told that 4.1.18.2 definitely supports PHP 7.1.

And unfortunately, even if I revert to 7.0 (or even 5.6.x) at this point my site still throws memory errors.

I've been following a PHP topic in the server optimising area of this forum, nobody seems to be able to use 7.1 - though I think you have to sit it out with IPS (until they resolve it).

4 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

I've been following a PHP topic in the server optimising area of this forum, nobody seems to be able to use 7.1 - though I think you have to sit it out with IPS (until they resolve it).

I have been using php 7.1 without any issues, if you see any please submit a ticket. 

20 minutes ago, Rhett said:

I have been using php 7.1 without any issues, if you see any please submit a ticket. 

I'd submit a ticket, @Rhett, but I do believe my issue is server-related given the nature of the errors.  I can't even get into my AdminCP to do a system check. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what my VPS provider has to say - it's been escalated so I hope they'll have an answer soon.

25 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

I've been following a PHP topic in the server optimising area of this forum, nobody seems to be able to use 7.1

@Joey_M, are the people in that forum experiencing the same sorts of errors?  Or are they of a different kind?

27 minutes ago, liquidfractal said:

I'd submit a ticket, @Rhett, but I do believe my issue is server-related given the nature of the errors.  I can't even get into my AdminCP to do a system check. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what my VPS provider has to say - it's been escalated so I hope they'll have an answer soon.

@Joey_M, are the people in that forum experiencing the same sorts of errors?  Or are they of a different kind?

I think most experience blank pages (despite passing the requirements).

Rhett is the first person I ave seen confirm that it does indeed work. I hope you get your issues sorted ASAP! Good luck.

3 hours ago, Joey_M said:

PHP 7.1 isn't supported, revert to PHP 7.0

PHP 7.1 is supported. Im using it on my site.

e82aae595e6f401a9935efb938ea3aa0.png

@liquidfractal  2097152 bytes is 2Mb. The minimum for IPS to run is 128Mb. Are you sure you are using 128Mb or more in php?

Go to the support in ACP, and click in phpinfo, like you see on the image above. Then search for "memory_limit". It should show you something like the image above. Mine is set to 256Mb.

3a76c3ae689449c4a27c95592dc2481f.png

@Joey_M @RevengeFNF So the issue has been resolved.  I knew it (obviously) had something to do with the memory.  But previously I had made sure the memory limit was set to 128MB, then 256, then to -1 just to be sure.

You know what it was?

In the MultiPHP INI editor, for the memory value I entered "256" instead of "256M."  Entered "256M" and now everything works just peachy.

So this leaves one of two options: either

1. The developers need to assume that everyone is entering values in MB (i mean, what, 256 bytes?!) and adjust accordingly, or
  2. My stupidity has actually managed to outsmart itself.

VOTE 1 :unsure:

• 1 month later...

I have a very similar configuration on my site and after upgrading to EA4 and PHP 7.1.2 I realised that profile links started to return HTTP 500, so I had to revert back to PHP 5.6.30 . Anyone had a similar problem ?

Note : Still keeping the test site on 7.1.2 for tests. Any suggestion can be easily tested.

Archived