Advanced Footer [ Support topic ]

Just now, CP_User said:

Is this going to be included in the theme to replace the old one?

No not really, this is a separated footer plugin, This is also not only for my themes, this plugin works on any themes out there and far more advanced than the footer comes with my themes.

Anyways the file is still on pending approval in marketplace and i shouldn't have created this topic LOL i guess i was bored waiting 

47 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Just bought this

Is there a way I can get a widget in one of the blocks?

It would be great to put my subscribe to newsletter widget in one of those bottom blocks

IE - https://www.walkingfootball.com/chat/

im not sure what that newsletter block is

is that a plugin? a sidebar block? 

Anyways, You can use the Custom HTML block  to insert a template :) 

Note, if you are going to use the custom html block, try to open the plugin editing page in a new tab otherwise the field does not save anything due to this bug https://invisionpower.com/4bugtrack/active-reports/codemirror-settings-inside-tabs-in-a-modal-r12980/

Edited by TAMAN
29 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

its just a widget that came with an application

Does it use a template? 

You can add something like 

{template="newsletter_template_name" app="core" location="global" group="plugins" params=""}

If news later is a template you can find the name here Core > Global > Plugins in theme editing 

Edited by TAMAN

I couldnt find anything in plugins but I found the following code in

templates  - sdnewsletter - front - widgets - sdnewslettersign

I tried addding it but it didnt work - so not sure if this is possible to do?

<div class='ipsSideBlock clearfix'>
    <h3 class="ipsType_reset ipsWidget_title">{lang="sd_newsletter_subscribe_header"}</h3>
    <div class='ipsWidget_inner ipsPad'>
        {$form|raw}
    </div>
</div>

2 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

I couldnt find anything in plugins but I found the following code in

templates  - sdnewsletter - front - widgets - sdnewslettersign

I tried addding it but it didnt work - so not sure if this is possible to do?

<div class='ipsSideBlock clearfix'>
    <h3 class="ipsType_reset ipsWidget_title">{lang="sd_newsletter_subscribe_header"}</h3>
    <div class='ipsWidget_inner ipsPad'>
        {$form|raw}
    </div>
</div>

mmm, you better ask on newsletter support topic if it is possible to use the widget manually somewhere else, once he gives you the template tag you can simply paste it in the custom html block :) 

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

ok thanks will do

Can you take a look at my footer on a mobile phone and confirm if it's supposed to look like it does

It looks thin to me

I was using a windows Nokia phone

thanks

mmm, no it does not, The columns should expand to full size on phones and tablets width and center everything 

i will update as soon as i can ^^ Sorry about that and thanks for reporting 

redownload and use upload a new version

Edited by TAMAN

GREAT! The long awaited footer solution!

Question:

I use both default IPS theme and another professional theme.

While the professional theme already has a footer,

1. is it possible to select your footer only for the default IPS theme? And not activating it for the professional theme in use, as this one uses a standalone footer already.
  2. Or, if I would be able to deactivate the footer in the professional theme, would it be possible to activate your footer for BOTH themes, IPS default and the professional theme? Can it be configured?

Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Cyboman said:

Or, if I would be able to deactivate the footer in the professional theme, would it be possible to activate your footer for BOTH themes, IPS default and the professional theme? Can it be configured?

hi!

Ones you install advanced footer it is added to all of your themes, however there are no options to show the footer on a specific theme, but you can simply use custom.css to hide the footer on any themes you want 

simple, you add this to custom.css of the theme you want to hide :) 

.af_Container {display: none;}

Edited by TAMAN
  • 2 weeks later...