Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

9 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

broken app is broken. paid or not; it's open source, and if the main function of the app is hindered or is causing major errors this should be addressed.. maybe have @AndyF retest? 

Open-source yes, but there is no support provided for that version. The app is not broken, you guys probably did something wrong. If it was broken, someone who has the paid version would have said something by now. Andy can re-test if he wants, but I think that's just wasted time.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Open-source yes, but there is no support provided for that version. The app is not broken, you guys probably did something wrong. If it was broken, someone who has the paid version would have said something by now. Andy can re-test if he wants, but I think that's just wasted time.

How is there a misconfiguration when the instructions included by you were followed to a 't' or did you just skip over my original posting of the error I'm posting?

22 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

It's the same readme as ips.

It's not, the package in the marketplace include documentation how to configure things...

22 minutes ago, MADMAN32395 said:

I'm reporting an error in the application.

You're not, I don't have this issue, and apparently no one who has the paid version has this issue either (@anyone who has the paid version, if I'm wrong let me know). So it is most likely something you did wrong when installing/updating the app.

13 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

It's not, the package in the marketplace include documentation how to configure things...

You're not, I don't have this issue, and apparently no one who has the paid version has this issue either (@anyone who has the paid version, if I'm wrong let me know). So it is most likely something you did wrong when installing/updating the app.

So what you're saying is if I pay 30 dollars for your open source application . It's still broken that you'll refund me because I'd be right?

1 minute ago, MADMAN32395 said:

So what you're saying is if I pay 30 dollars for your open source application . It's still broken that you'll refund me because I'd be right?

You'd be right if you uninstall what you currently have, remove the files from the server then use the provided tar file that is in the marketplace and then still get the same error.

7 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

uninstall what you currently have

data loss at that point per proper programming of the uninstall script.

7 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

remove the files from the server then use the provided tar file that is in the marketplace

so you are stating that there is a literal difference between github and the marketplace? if it was as opensource as you claim it would be a 1:1 version.

2 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

data loss at that point per proper programming of the uninstall script.

Whatever you've done wrong, the paid version can't magically clean that up...taking a backup befote uninstall and importing it post-install is up to you.

3 hours ago, MADMAN32395 said:

o you are stating that there is a literal difference between github and the marketplace? if it was as opensource as you claim it would be a 1:1 version.

There so NO difference in the code, the difference is that I provide an installable package which isn't broken.

Hello @Ahmad E. another great application here but when one of my members tried to sync their website account with their Discord account the following popped up:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\ForbiddenException:  (0)
#0 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('403')
#1 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(63): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/core/sources/ProfileSync/Discord.php(128): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->user()
#4 /home/ngugamin/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(780) : eval()'d code(7037): IPS\core\ProfileSync\_Discord->name()
#5 /home/ngugamin/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(57): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_system->settingsOverview(Array)
#6 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(148): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('settingsOvervie...', Array)
#7 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_overview()
#8 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#9 /home/ngugamin/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#10 /home/ngugamin/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/ngugamin/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#12 /home/ngugamin/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

Would really appreciate it if you could help me fix this.

On 13/03/2017 at 10:56 AM, Ahmad E. said:

Hey,

did you do everything that the documentation states?

Specifically this:

Make sure that you have given the bot admin permission and also moved the bot-role up to the top of the roles list in your discord server settings.

Just saw this and it worked. Thank you.

@Ahmad E. I don't suppose you know why my bot keeps disconnecting?

7 hours ago, Vanucci said:

Does this support hyper links ? 

I have this for another forum software, and I will buy this if it supports hyperlinks other the ugly urls

Not supported but not because of me, discord does not support such links. https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/15755236-allow-for-markdown-syntax-links Go ahead an let your voice be heard ;)

2 hours ago, NGU Gaming said:

As per the docs, it is supposed to be that way, it only needs to connect (be online) once after that it will still continue to work even when its offline.

50 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

Not supported but not because of me, discord does not support such links. https://feedback.discordapp.com/forums/326712-discord-dream-land/suggestions/15755236-allow-for-markdown-syntax-links Go ahead an let your voice be heard ;)

As per the docs, it is supposed to be that way, it only needs to connect (be online) once after that it will still continue to work even when its offline.

It does allow it, but it has to be done in an embed . https://discordpy.readthedocs.io/en/latest/api.html#discord.Embed

83c0487deefb12574c4999f88cf6cbd7.png

End result being like 

8eacc63c60f1dff3fb93d36115ffb8cf.png

3 hours ago, NGU Gaming said:

Pm me and i may be able to help you, thats itf its your bot in your discord server thats disconnecting. 

Will support for blogs be introduced ?

Ability to set a default channel for all notifications to go to unless otherwise chocen via the forums settings as per how it is now. 

Not sure if its possible, but when a new user registers, a notification sent to the discord server also ? ( work around for now would be to have a auto create topic on user joining and have that as a notification)

On 03/04/2017 at 4:58 PM, Vanucci said:

Will support for blogs be introduced ?

Ability to set a default channel for all notifications to go to unless otherwise chocen via the forums settings as per how it is now. 

Not sure if its possible, but when a new user registers, a notification sent to the discord server also ? ( work around for now would be to have a auto create topic on user joining and have that as a notification)

I do not have the application right now, I might get it and add support for it after I am done implementing the list of features that I have at the moment.

Hi, ahmad

First thanks for the excellent application of integration with discord I want to report a problem that I hope will not be any hassle Details:

1- In the forum / Groups / Choose example Moderator / edit / Discord / Discord Role / frame any of the server roles shown in the sample list / VIP member.
Attachment Capture: http://prntscr.com/eslc4b

2- Well once applied this change. Moderators of the forum are not able to enter with the means to start with discord in the forum Showing the following error:
Sorry, there is a problem.  Something has gone wrong. Try again. Error code: EX0

In fact you can not connect to the forum with the discord medium except if they connect with your mail and password or as a last resort I have to change the role in the administrator panel to member in the forum.

3- The good thing about this application is that when adding in a group of the forum for example to the group Moderators in discord adjustments of the forum add the role Moderator directly in the group discord happens to be also Moderator is great this.

Something more I will give you an advice improves the application because you will be sincere in my community we have put an online store inside the forum where users can buy the memberships once they go through box are Members vip in the forum happening to be vip members in the Discord server. And if these do not renew the payment in the forum pass back to normal member as in the discord server.

I hope you solve this problem or have a solution on your part receive a cordial greeting thank you very much for your excellent work greetings from spain

• 2 weeks later...

Every time I tried to install this application, github or paid tar, I get this error. I tried looking through the install files for a possible conflict, but I don't see anything in the install queries that should cause this. I've never installed anything Discord-related in my IPS4 setup, either.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 5.15.05 PM.png

I found this in my system logs:

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_login_handlers` ( `login_settings`, `login_key`, `login_enabled`, `login_order`, `login_acp` ) VALUES ( '', 'Discord', 1, 14, 0 )
Duplicate entry 'Discord' for key 'PRIMARY'

Was able to get past those issues by manually deleting the entry in the database, completely deleting the application folder files, and then reinstalling, but now I'm getting an error when trying to sign into discord on the Account Settings page:

#0 FORUMPATH/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('403')
#1 FORUMPATH/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 FORUMPATH/system/Login/Discord.php(108): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 FORUMPATH/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(996): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_profilesync()
#5 FORUMPATH/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#6 FORUMPATH/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 FORUMPATH/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 FORUMPATH/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 FORUMPATH/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

So this appears to be happening only to my account because of this response:

array (
  'code' => 0,
  'message' => 'Privilege is too low...',
)

I'm guessing that because my account is the primary administrator, the integration does not have permission to modify my user on Discord at all. You might want to disable login on the Account Settings page for this case, or just handle this a bit better? It seems to work fine for other users.

8 hours ago, Jyosua said:

Every time I tried to install this application, github or paid tar, I get this error. I tried looking through the install files for a possible conflict, but I don't see anything in the install queries that should cause this. I've never installed anything Discord-related in my IPS4 setup, either.

Screen Shot 2017-04-15 at 5.15.05 PM.png

I found this in my system logs:

INSERT INTO `ibf_core_login_handlers` ( `login_settings`, `login_key`, `login_enabled`, `login_order`, `login_acp` ) VALUES ( '', 'Discord', 1, 14, 0 )
Duplicate entry 'Discord' for key 'PRIMARY'

Was able to get past those issues by manually deleting the entry in the database, completely deleting the application folder files, and then reinstalling, but now I'm getting an error when trying to sign into discord on the Account Settings page:

#0 FORUMPATH/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(64): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('403')
#1 FORUMPATH/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(57): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 FORUMPATH/system/Login/Discord.php(108): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->update(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 FORUMPATH/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(996): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_profilesync()
#5 FORUMPATH/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#6 FORUMPATH/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(97): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 FORUMPATH/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 FORUMPATH/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 FORUMPATH/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

So this appears to be happening only to my account because of this response:

array (
  'code' => 0,
  'message' => 'Privilege is too low...',
)

I'm guessing that because my account is the primary administrator, the integration does not have permission to modify my user on Discord at all. You might want to disable login on the Account Settings page for this case, or just handle this a bit better? It seems to work fine for other users.

Thanks for the report, I'll think of something to handle this better so it doesn't render the account settings page useless.

Hi Ahmad, thanks for your help with the application. I have a few simple suggestions I'd like to chuck your way:

1. Discord tab in the Members page of the ACP - allowing an admin to sync or disable a link between discord and the Forums.
  2. Member group-controlled notifications: If a member of [x] member group makes a post in a forum, post the forum notification, otherwise ignore

These additions would make the application a perfect companion to our community! 

On 17/04/2017 at 11:51 AM, Aaron Challis said:

Discord tab in the Members page of the ACP - allowing an admin to sync or disable a link between discord and the Forums.

What do you mean by "allowing an admin to sync"? So that you can sync some member with some discord user manually? If so, that is not possible due to how the sync works (using OAUTH2).

On 17/04/2017 at 11:51 AM, Aaron Challis said:

Member group-controlled notifications: If a member of [x] member group makes a post in a forum, post the forum notification, otherwise ignore

I'll think about that one :)

Archived