Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/12/2017 at 0:11 AM, GrooveOnBeat said:

I've entered the Client ID, Client Secret, and Discord Bot Token. When I click "Save" it redirects me to Discord. Then I get this error:

2017-02-11_180943.jpg.21fd3796ca3915c5ff321eaa8ad3059c.jpg

I am setting this up for a friend and I am stuck at this part too , I put in the CLient ID , Secret, Bot token and the URI's and verified them all and it's all correct. However, when I save I get this same error.

7 hours ago, Dean Spencer said:

I am setting this up for a friend and I am stuck at this part too , I put in the CLient ID , Secret, Bot token and the URI's and verified them all and it's all correct. However, when I save I get this same error.

Please login with his account. As it stands now, I can't verify that you/he purchased the app/support I'm afraid.

Great plugin, any chance of implementing a URL shortner such as bit.ly ? 

Also it would be great if you could integrate downloads, so that any article that is posted in the download section is also posted on Discord, as the forum threads created with the download section are not posted to Discord, if i manually post in the same forum section, it gets posted to Discord.

On 2/17/2017 at 3:08 PM, Ahmad E. said:

Can you send me ACP&FTP access please?

We just purchased this morning and our users are unable to sync the bot to their account via our IPB/Website. We're seeing the following:

Error 403 - Forbidden

You don't have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

The link for that 403 page is this: 

/applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php?state=ucp-[AlphaNumerics]-&code=[AlphaNumerics]

(It doesn't actually say [AlphaNumerics] but I'm replacing them in case there's a securityreason. 

30 minutes ago, Strikes said:

We just purchased this morning and our users are unable to sync the bot to their account via our IPB/Website. We're seeing the following:

Error 403 - Forbidden

You don't have permission to access the requested resource. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

The link for that 403 page is this: 

/applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php?state=ucp-[AlphaNumerics]-&code=[AlphaNumerics]

(It doesn't actually say [AlphaNumerics] but I'm replacing them in case there's a securityreason. 

Can you check if the file /applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php is chmodded correctly? In most cases it should be 0644. 

On 18/02/2017 at 0:40 PM, GregoryRasputin said:

Great plugin, any chance of implementing a URL shortner such as bit.ly ? 

Also it would be great if you could integrate downloads, so that any article that is posted in the download section is also posted on Discord, as the forum threads created with the download section are not posted to Discord, if i manually post in the same forum section, it gets posted to Discord.

I will think about the URL shortener, I really just wish that discord would support markdown over the API which would make things a lot simpler.
As for downloads, I currently do not have the app so I cannot look into it immediately.

@Strikes I found out why the permissions were wrong for that file. You can either manually chmod it to 0644 or uninstall the application and remove the /applications/discord folder completely and then install it again to fix the issue.

FYI, I will try to keep an up2date list of features that I'll be working on here: https://github.com/ABSAhmad/IpsDiscordIntegration/blob/master/Application.php#L15

7 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Can you check if the file /applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php is chmodded correctly? In most cases it should be 0644. 

Made the adjustment to 0644 on auth.php and it resulted in this change:

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

Is there a particular version of PHP that the website needs to be running? 

3 minutes ago, Strikes said:

Made the adjustment to 0644 on auth.php and it resulted in this change:

Error 500 - Internal Server Error

An error was encountered while processing your request. Typically this is a temporary condition. Please contact the web site owner for further assistance.

Is there a particular version of PHP that the website needs to be running? 

5.6 or higher should do. Check your server/php error logs for more information about this 500 error and either post them here or send me a PM.

23 minutes ago, Ahmad E. said:

5.6 or higher should do. Check your server/php error logs for more information about this 500 error and either post them here or send me a PM.

I'll see if I can get the logs. Looks like logging wasn't/isn't turn on with our host and I'm not the most technical... I'll get that information when I can.

1 hour ago, PirateCaptain said:

got this error at the end of the installation, and ACP looks flawed 

1S111/1 Duplicate entry 'Discord' for key 'PRIMARY'

wonders if it's possible to add this goodness as a widget so it can takeover when IPS chat goes bye bye? hmmmm

discord.jpg

Duplicate entry? Did you have anything similar installed? In any-case, a re-install should fix this.

Would need to check your install for the other issue.

If you mean have the whole chat embedded as a widget, then that is not happening I am afraid.

Not able to delete members as I get this error:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\NotFoundException:  (0)
#0 /home/******************/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(62): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('404')
#1 /home/******************/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(89): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/******************/public_html/applications/discord/extensions/core/MemberSync/membersync.php(85): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->remove(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 [internal function]: IPS\discord\extensions\core\MemberSync\_membersync->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#4 /home/******************/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3157): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#6 /home/******************/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(56): call_user_func_array('parent::memberS...', Array)
#7 /home/******************/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(285): IPS\rules_hook_ipsMember->memberSync('onDelete')
#8 /home/******************/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(1852): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#9 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#10 /home/******************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /home/******************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/******************/public_html/faecesballs/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

And tried to upload the new version to see if that would fix it and then got this error: 

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

15 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

Not able to delete members as I get this error:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\NotFoundException:  (0)
#0 /home/******************/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(62): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('404')
#1 /home/******************/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(89): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/******************/public_html/applications/discord/extensions/core/MemberSync/membersync.php(85): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->remove(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 [internal function]: IPS\discord\extensions\core\MemberSync\_membersync->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#4 /home/******************/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(3157): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#6 /home/******************/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(56): call_user_func_array('parent::memberS...', Array)
#7 /home/******************/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(285): IPS\rules_hook_ipsMember->memberSync('onDelete')
#8 /home/******************/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(1852): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#9 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#10 /home/******************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#11 /home/******************/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/******************/public_html/faecesballs/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#13 {main}

And tried to upload the new version to see if that would fix it and then got this error: 

1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Both of these issues should be fixed in the latest version. You will need to either chmod the file /applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php to 0644 or remove it before doing the update.

6 hours ago, David.. said:

Is this like an ip.chat/chatbox replacement?

Or is it a discord app just for staff?

Neither. It is an application that gives your members that are on discord the roles they should get according to rules you specify for the IPS groups. So if you e.g. have a group called "Donators" and a discord role called "Donators" you can map them so that everyone who is in the IPS group "Donators" will get the discord role "Donators" and you don't have to manually do that.

It also sends messages to specifc channels about actions that you can specify, e.g. someone posted a post that needs approval. Or someone posted a post in this forum, check it out etc.

4 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Both of these issues should be fixed in the latest version. You will need to either chmod the file /applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php to 0644 or remove it before doing the update.

Neither. It is an application that gives your members that are on discord the roles they should get according to rules you specify for the IPS groups. So if you e.g. have a group called "Donators" and a discord role called "Donators" you can map them so that everyone who is in the IPS group "Donators" will get the discord role "Donators" and you don't have to manually do that.

It also sends messages to specifc channels about actions that you can specify, e.g. someone posted a post that needs approval. Or someone posted a post in this forum, check it out etc.

So it's not embedded like Chatbox is for example?

4 minutes ago, David.. said:

So it's not embedded like Chatbox is for example?

Correct, there is no chat embedded. This merely syncs stuff between your forum/discord server.
There are no plans to make the discord chat embeddable (don't even think that it's possible).

If you are looking for a (feature-rich) chat to use in your forum, I'd recommend to check out Babble :)

Just now, Ahmad E. said:

Correct, there is no chat embedded. This merely syncs stuff between your forum/discord server.
There are no plans to make the discord chat embeddable (don't even think that it's possible).

If you are looking for a (feature-rich) chat to use in your forum, I'd recommend to check out Babble :)

Thank you for clearing that up! I was going to purchase it but without it being embedded, I'm not sure it would be useful for our community. Thank you again though, great work. Keep it up!

I have good and bad news.

Good news: I have added downloads/calendar support and re-worked the settings for the topics/posts :)
Bad news: There will be no pages support for now due to this: https://invisionpower.com/forums/topic/436195-pages-databases-form-not-extendable/

I haven't had much time to test everything thoroughly though, so I will delay the update by a few days so I can test everything myself before release.

I have uploaded a new version which includes support for Downloads/Calendar and name syncing.

I haven't updated the documentation yet, though. I'll most likely try to move the documentation to GitHub so it's separated from the app and I can easier link users to it :)

7 minutes ago, amator said:

The Group/role, name syncing works only if IPS members authenticates through Discord login handler?

They have to link their accounts at least once. They can do that in the profile settings.

If they sign in using discord then the accounts are already linled.

Archived