Discord Integration

Ahmad E.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally. IPB needs something like this.  Might consider purchasing in the future. I have some suggestions

I've seen on other Discord Integration apps for XenForo that they also have Name synching. Is this possible? 

Also I've seen the ability to manage role permissions and pretty much the whole server directly from the ACP.

Would these 2 suggestions be possible in the future?

50 minutes ago, Dean Spencer said:

I've seen on other Discord Integration apps for XenForo that they also have Name synching. Is this possible? 

Yes, I'll work this.

50 minutes ago, Dean Spencer said:

Also I've seen the ability to manage role permissions and pretty much the whole server directly from the ACP.

This is also possible but I don't plan on adding that. Discord's own CP is already good enough, anything I would make, wouldn't really be better imo.

Just now, Hezeber said:

Does this plugin require direct access to the server to upload files or adjust permissions? I'm wondering if it's possible to use on IPS cloud plans.

Nope it doesn't require anything. It should work on IPS Cloud but I haven't tested it as I don't have access to it.

If you purchase this, and it doesn't work on IPS Cloud, shoot me a PM and we'll get it figured out (refund). Alternatively, you can get the app off github to test and see if it works.

Love this idea and I've decided to test it before purchasing (which btw love the fact you allowed easy access to your github :)) the one problem I'm having is it's spitting out 400 errors when making a new thread in forums i've setup to post to my discord. Is it because my forum is completely locked down?

9 hours ago, Paul Kaiser said:

Love this idea and I've decided to test it before purchasing (which btw love the fact you allowed easy access to your github :)) the one problem I'm having is it's spitting out 400 errors when making a new thread in forums i've setup to post to my discord. Is it because my forum is completely locked down?

I am sorry but as it states, you're on your own when using the free version:

However there will be no support provided for those who do not purchase this application.

I've just encountered a bug, i've installed app, but when i want to associate my IPS Account to my Discord Account on User settings, i'm facing an error "Access denied."

Shown after logged on Discord and redirected to IPS installation (applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php?state=ucp-<token>-&code=<token>).

No tested by creating new account with Discord handler

1 minute ago, JiigSaaw said:

I've just encountered a bug, i've installed app, but when i want to associate my IPS Account to my Discord Account on User settings, i'm facing an error "Access denied."

Shown after logged on Discord and redirected to IPS installation (applications/discord/interface/oauth/auth.php?state=ucp-<token>-&code=<token>).

No tested by creating new account with Discord handler

That should happen if you click on cancel instead of authorize. I have tested the authorization process multiple times and never had an issue, can you PM access to your site/FTP so I can take a look?

I've solved this issue by a 666 chmod on that file, don't know why it was 2xx.

Now i'm facing a new issue if i want to associate it:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\BadRequestException:  (0)
#0 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(62): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('400')
#1 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(50): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/system/Login/Discord.php(110): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->updateRoles(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(996): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_profilesync()
#5 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Sorry, but i can't communicate my access due to security reasons.

Just now, JiigSaaw said:

I've solved this issue by a 666 chmod on that file, don't know why it was 2xx.

Now i'm facing a new issue if i want to associate it:

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\BadRequestException:  (0)
#0 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(62): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('400')
#1 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/discord/sources/Api/GuildMember.php(50): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/system/Login/Discord.php(110): IPS\discord\Api\_GuildMember->updateRoles(Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(996): IPS\Login\_Discord->authenticate(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->_profilesync()
#5 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(55): call_user_func(Array)
#6 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->manage()
#7 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/applications/core/modules/front/system/settings.php(35): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_settings->execute()
#9 /home/pacorpfrqi/www/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

Sorry, but i can't communicate my access due to security reasons.

Totally understandable, but in some issues I just need access to debug. I've been doing this for a few through teamviewer too.

But for this specific issue, I just fixed that for someone and will update the app in a few minutes ;)

I saw it, thanks for reporting. I'll tackle it over the weekend when I get a chance as this is not too important and technically not a bug.

Btw. creating issues in Github is better than posting them here @everyone, so if you have a Github account please take them there :).

5 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

@Ahmad E.  would you like feature suggestions there as well, or just issues?   So far so good though! :)  Thank you!

Feature suggestions too :)

3 hours ago, TheSkyLounge.tv said:

Getting an error on the latest:  1C133/9 The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it.

Make sure the file /discord/interface/oauth/auth.php is chmodded correctnly (most likely needs to be 644). I don't know why it changes to 2xx for some people as I don't touch it. I'll probably add a manually chmod in the upgrade process to avoid this issue.

3 hours ago, IrishInsanity said:

Getting an error as well unfortunately. hT0zmgU.png

Make sure the file /discord/interface/oauth/auth.php is chmodded correctly (most likely needs to be 644). I don't know why it changes to 2xx for some people as I don't touch it. I'll probably add manual chmod in the upgrade process to avoid this issue.

13 hours ago, Ahmad E. said:

Make sure the file /discord/interface/oauth/auth.php is chmodded correctly (most likely needs to be 644). I don't know why it changes to 2xx for some people as I don't touch it. I'll probably add manual chmod in the upgrade process to avoid this issue.

I was able to install the application and set up the discord bot but when I went to edit the forums I ran into this guy.

Zeq8L0i.png

IPS\discord\Api\Exception\NotFoundException:  (0)
#0 /home/validusgamers/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/AbstractResponse.php(62): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->throwException('404')
#1 /home/validusgamers/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/Guild.php(29): IPS\discord\Api\_AbstractResponse->handleApi()
#2 /home/validusgamers/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/Guild.php(94): IPS\discord\Api\_Guild->getInformation('channels')
#3 /home/validusgamers/public_html/applications/discord/sources/Api/Guild.php(107): IPS\discord\Api\_Guild->getChannels()
#4 /home/validusgamers/public_html/init.php(447) : eval()'d code(35): IPS\discord\Api\_Guild->getChannelsOnlyName()
#5 /home/validusgamers/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(459): IPS\forums\discord_hook_forum->form(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#6 /home/validusgamers/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(358): IPS\Node\_Controller->_addEditForm(Object(IPS\forums\Forum))
#7 /home/validusgamers/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(124): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->form()
#9 /home/validusgamers/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#10 /home/validusgamers/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#11 /home/validusgamers/public_html/applications/forums/modules/admin/forums/forums.php(40): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/validusgamers/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\forums\modules\admin\forums\_forums->execute()
#13 /home/validusgamers/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Archived