The chat room key has expired.

dspdrew

Is there a reason why this problem continues to happen? Why does it take hours to fix every time too? I really don't understand this. It looks to me like someone doesn't want to actually fix the problem, and instead just continues to "turn it off and on again", or whatever they are doing to "resolve" the issue.

Yes.  It affects the chat system too and I kinda suspect they do it to get people to get off chat before next month.  I dont know though.  I am sure there is more to it but I think we deserve some credit/or partial reimbursement for this continued issue regardless of reason.  I use their cloud to limit this issue but thus far is not the quality as they sold it.

All that said,

I am not really upset overall I like the software but its shine is getting dull.  Especially now I will remove from cloud and find a dedicated server and get a chat add on.  Then I can yell at them haha.  I am doing this due to chat aspect not due to license aspect with going from  cloud to dedicated server but I thought their cloud would be the most dependable.

Life goes on but I am serious on that reimbursement part.

Unbelievable... I got the same canned answer in my support ticket also. I specifically asked why this keeps happening, and got nothing but "This issue has now been resolved." I know it's not resolved; it's TEMPORARILY resolved. When is this actually going to be resolved? How many days 'till we have to do this all over again? That's some stellar support right there...

They did not do well here.  I see they charge if you put in a ticket request and you are wrong.  This should swing both ways.

Life goes on, bad things happen.  Turns out we will all live.  Painfully I know, but we live!  However, and I do believe this is their intention.  I will leave their cloud service but like I said earlier, this is due to the chat aspect and not this issue.

Regarding this issue, since reliability is seriously questionable and I counted how many times chat prevented connects from "IPS" licensing issue and was extensive.  I also look at the down time of video games and I notice that they "when they screw up" they credit or make right a gesture.  This is customer respect.  I do not feel respected here but so what.  I just have a small blip of site, I am nobody.

Accountability people.  Learn it, this was longer for a few hours and a slight inconvenience.  It made me look like a dead beat idiot to our members.  You could be correct about the idiot part but not the deadbeat part!

Ok, back in to the ether of which I came.

5 hours ago, M Deborah Beris said:

They did not do well here.  I see they charge if you put in a ticket request and you are wrong.  This should swing both ways.

No, it really shouldn't swing both ways. IPB enacted that policy because of people abusing the site down support feature.. If it's a issue on their behalf, they don't charge you and I bet you couldn't find a post of a erroneous charge yet for what you've mentioned. People have asked about it,, but I've personally never seen someone say they've been charged for that. I hope you have a better experience in the future, it really is good software and people creating and supporting it.

If the people supporting it are so great, why does this issue never get resolved. Why do they ignore any questions about why this continues to happen time and time again. It's been going on for years, and nobody seems to care. This is not what I call good service.

• Management

I'm very sorry for the frustration here. While certainly no excuse, chat was designed years ago and the overall demand has never been there to bring it up to modern standards. Please understand, it was never designed for 100% availability and we have never made any claims otherwise. Remember, most are using it for free and 90% of those who are paying for it are on the $10 per six month package. This is a fully hosted chat service - it requires no resources on your end - that's really not a bad deal! It was originally created simply as a value-added service for clients, but it has long been a loss-leader and given the comparatively low demand, our development efforts are being focused elsewhere in the product line and chat is being discontinued entirely. 

I'm certainly not downplaying your concerns or trying to give you a "you get what you pay for" line, but the uptime for chat has been very remarkable over the years. This outage was certainly longer than we'd have preferred and again, I apologize, but unfortunately per Murphy's Law, this occurred on a weekend and there are less people available with the knowledge on that system to correct it; it's not a normal product support scenario. 

Regarding licensing issues - I apologize in this regard as well. We had a brief outage in January and one over the weekend as well. These were side effects to our overhaul of our internal systems and the migration of the client systems to AWS. Though these outages have been historically rare anyway, moving forward, they should be virtually non-existent. 

Thank you for your understanding and patience. @M Deborah Beris - I want to assure you, I don't think you're a "small blip." Please feel free to contact me directly and I'll be happy to discuss further with you.

Thank you very much.

In retrospect, Dspdrew brought up some good points and my site is not a profitable one so no harm done to me really other than some sissy stuff from drama types.

• Also, while I noted many attempts to log onto chat, it was by 2 people, not a big deal truly for me to be overly concerned with it.

I withdraw my comments regarding partial reimbursement since I was not really harmed in a tangible way.

I appreciate the response and I have a sent a pm regarding chat direction if possible.  

Thank you.

Cultural Healing and Life!

Archived