IPB 4 Advertisement for Mobile/Tablet/Desktop

PTiCA1

The ads by themselves can be responsive already or the ad server might already deliver different ads for different devices. So messing with that might be counter-productive or even disallowed by the ad network. 

But if you want to add this yourself, its rather easy using these conditions from the CSS framework:

Just wrap your large desktop ad with the desktop code and provide a mobile banner with the mobile code for example. 

I like the idea. Your ads become less attractive for advertisers for CPM campaigns if they have a very low visibility, which is what will happen if you just wrap it in css tags setting the div to display: none, instead of not loading the code at all. I would also like to have an opportunity to manage this from the server side. My income has dropped substantially since IPB4. Visitors are about the same, no ajax page loads, but revenue is just half of what it used to be.

2 minutes ago, PTiCA1 said:

If the client requires a special dimension and different script to another device I have no other choice. Using CSS, this could not be overcome.

So how do you expect IPS to solve it then for you? There is no “mobile” website anymore where you would deliver just a mobile ad. 

On 2/5/2017 at 6:16 PM, opentype said:

So how do you expect IPS to solve it then for you? There is no “mobile” website anymore where you would deliver just a mobile ad. 

I am not sure, but in ADs system you can deliver the AD code to certain forum/topic by Forum ID. is it possible to use some kind of IF-ELSE loop for device during parsing of the code? because you would probably not switch between the different styles on 1 device in 1 session and if page is called from the phone you deliver only the code for mobile ad.

Archived