Gallery Update?

ZakRhyno

Is there going to be any improvement in the Gallery system? Ever since the rewrite of the Gallery system every time it been redone the front end has change and items keep beeing rip out of the system. Some of the older version of IP.Gallery were nice to have in each rewrite of the front end system.

9 hours ago, ZakRhyno said:

Is there going to be any improvement in the Gallery system? Ever since the rewrite of the Gallery system every time it been redone the front end has change and items keep beeing rip out of the system. Some of the older version of IP.Gallery were nice to have in each rewrite of the front end system.

I agree, Gallery needs some work. If you compare it to Wordpress it just doesn't feel good.

I could have sworn I read that improvements are coming. @Lindy, did you say that or am I misremembering?

3 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

I agree, Gallery needs some work. If you compare it to Wordpress it just doesn't feel good.

I could have sworn I read that improvements are coming. @Lindy, did you say that or am I misremembering?

I don't recall them giving much details to what was improvements, most of the time is small things. But really the front it needs some more love.

12 minutes ago, Joel R said:

1.  What exactly would you like to see different on the Gallery index?  Can you be more specific or offer a mock-up?

2.  Minor gallery enhancements are coming very, very soon in v4.1.19, although don't any significant changes.  

1. 1. I'm actually in the progress of loading old IP.Galleries and take snap shots of what really work in the older version which is lacking in the current version are even cut out totally. There will be a post on that later.

2. Minor changes don't fix the issues just improve a fucntion, I'm speaking more of a better and improve change. There have been already many topics listed on the subject in the forums. Much to none has overall improve on the Gallery system.

7 minutes ago, ZakRhyno said:

2. Minor changes don't fix the issues just improve a fucntion, I'm speaking more of a better and improve change. There have been already many topics listed on the subject in the forums. Much to none has overall improve on the Gallery system.

Post in here: 

Just now, ZakRhyno said:

That a 10 month old thread, they really don't go back and read them.

It's the topic that Lindy started.  I'm more prone to believe he will check his own topic than one started by a member.  

4 minutes ago, KentT said:

Share functions for Gallery photos and albums would be nice.  If it is there now, I can't find out where/how to enable it.

They have share buttons.  They're just in a bad spot.  

Share.JPG.84347e68261c4829766da1deddad73a0.JPG

Most users are accustomed to share functions on roll-over.  

3 minutes ago, Joel R said:

@KenT

Check System > Site Promotion - Sharing.  Then toggle ENABLE for the ones you want.  

Also, interestingly, there's a per-forum setting in IP.Board to enable sharing but not a per-category setting in IP.Gallery, IP.Calendar, or any of the other apps.  

They're enabled there and show in the forums, Pages, etc. just not in the Gallery.  

• 7 months later...

I have two Gallery updates ideas:

A. Able to post and browse Gallery Album (orange line) and enlarge (brown line).

browsegalleryfromtopic1.thumb.jpg.508cfaa09b822577c0c7c01e08642d74.jpg

browsegalleryfromtopic2.thumb.jpg.b60e70ed7b7f535d568d15a68d73449e.jpg

B. Browse medium or full sized images from the topic\post.

largevies-scroll1.thumb.png.2c9499d9a7619f94fa2ead70556d6a8c.png

That will improve members experience, save interaction time with gallery being in same window.

Archived