Sitemap Configuration Recommedations?

GrooveOnBeat

If I wanted to boost/emphasize topics/posts, do I just set the levels for Container priority and Priority to "1"?

sitemap.jpg

And set the other categories to a lesser number?

And why is my Blog showing up in the sitemap when I have it disabled? How do I get rid of the listing in the sitemap?

Also why does my sitemap look like a string of text instead of a nicely XML format?

50 minutes ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

If I wanted to boost/emphasize topics/posts, do I just set the levels for Container priority and Priority to "1"?

sitemap.jpg

And set the other categories to a lesser number?

And why is my Blog showing up in the sitemap when I have it disabled? How do I get rid of the listing in the sitemap?

Also why does my sitemap look like a string of text instead of a nicely XML format?

I can't really help but isn't this supposed to be a PHP file and not an XML file type?

As for configuring my sitemap in ACP, is setting the top values to "1" take priority and then add lower numbers for the rest?

2 hours ago, Pross22 said:

Yours might be plain text because your server mime types is not correctly configured and its falling back to text plain

I checked the mime types and they look correct.

In IE the sitemap.php shows in a XML tree format, but in Firefox it does not. My output is the same as IPS in Firefox. So it seems that it's just a Firefox thing. :)

Archived