IP Gallery..latest Albums block

Chinna444

Hello Friends...

I have a forum with IP Gallery and i upload 7 to 10 gallery everyday. I am looking for a block/widget which can display latest albums with any random image from the album. I see block to display latest images in the sidebar/header/footer... but how can i display latest albums? Can anyone help me on finding the right place to search for it?

You will have to do it on your own or get someone to write a plugin, this is not a functionality supported by 4.x. In 3.4 one of the options was feed from albums, but for some reason it is not included in 4.x.

I am in the same boat as well as I also want to display recent albums. 

I was working with the IPB team and they have accepted some requirements for the Gallery that they may deliver this summer or fall.  I believe Libby stated that they were going to update it a bit.  My request was for a single random image block that rotated images at a 20 second interval or so from whatever selection of albums or categories.  Another was a block that just pulled a random number of images.

Seems your request is slightly different in execution, but this might be a good time to consider the various ways we wish to use galleries and blocks so they can consider all of it before undertaking the effort.

Archived