Leaderboard ideas

Joey_M

I think the leaderboard is a fantastic addition to PS, used in the right way it would promote fun engagements.

I have some further ideas which I feel would make it better.

• Notify members that they have lead (Daily/Monthly)

One thing is within many communities I am sure most are unaware of the feature, to promote the fun engagement and to encourage activity it would be nice to see members being told automatically.

• I'd like to see team members and members separated, create more friendly competition but IMO, team members within sites are always likely to lead. Just look at IPS, it's mostly staff members or popular developers, this cuts so many people who make great efforts. Within my own community, it's usually always me or one of my team members and I think it would be nice to split it up.

I have some other suggestions, however these are the main areas. I'd love to see other clients make suggestions!

This probably isn't applicable to all sites but I'd like to see a top forums leaderboard. On our site we have a forum for every TV show and it would be fun to see that community vs community race.

Another issue I've seen is that there's one area on our site that's particularly like-happy and also insular and my leaderboard member are basically the same everyday. It would be nice to have some exclusions (ignore these forums) but I'm guessing that's a lot of work and server processes for an edge case.

My only real universally-applicable suggestion is to cache and serve leaderboard results every X minutes/hours as the leaderboard can take a long time to load.

As for me,  I would like to have an option to choose which forums (and thus topics) can be excluded from the Leaderboard.

In fact I have a few forums where members simply chat about everything (jokes, etc.) and I would like to exclude the topics posted in these forums from the Leadernboard... :)

On 17/01/2017 at 0:20 AM, David T. Cole said:

This probably isn't applicable to all sites but I'd like to see a top forums leaderboard. On our site we have a forum for every TV show and it would be fun to see that community vs community race.

This is probably best as a plugin (if it's possible).

I'd highly recommend you requested.

On 17/01/2017 at 0:20 AM, David T. Cole said:

Another issue I've seen is that there's one area on our site that's particularly like-happy and also insular and my leaderboard member are basically the same everyday. It would be nice to have some exclusions (ignore these forums) but I'm guessing that's a lot of work and server processes for an edge case.

11 hours ago, SecondSight said:

As for me,  I would like to have an option to choose which forums (and thus topics) can be excluded from the Leaderboard.

I'd love to see this implemented!

----

Also, I think the leaderboard should be a widget! I've seen this suggested more times than I have had chicken dinners. :p

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...