Copyright

Fandel

2 hours ago, superj707 said:

Wait What?

With all due respect I think what I have said was totally misunderstood.

I am saying people (other people in the world) can see the link at the bottom of my site and go purchase their own copy of IPS and knock off my site. While this might be nice for IPS, I don't like it so much. I think a good solution might be more upfront expense for the suite.  Only serious people can purchase, making it hard for copy cat jerks to make their own site and steal my traffic. Possibly more revenue for IPS as well.  WIN WIN.

Only my opinion

...and mine..definitely....:thumbsup::wub:

24 minutes ago, Lindy said:

So, you're saying you want us to raise our prices? You know I'm a man of the people! 

"Based on client feedback, we are instituting a 75% price increase. You spoke, we listened!" 

Oh gezz, you're trying to have me killed aren't you?

i remember once, a client of mine complained for well over an hour to me about how much IPS copyright was, and how it was wrong to force him to advertise for them on his site, it was his site after all, ya know. he did this completely without self awareness, sporting his $200 rayban hispter frames, his $50 nike branded t-shirt, his apple watch, with his iphone 6+ setting in sight of the camera on top of a ipad, and then he was drinking from a coke can...frankly branding is every where, and most people are unaware how much of a walking billboard they are themselves.

i really don't have a point, i just wanted to tell that story, it always amuses. 

3 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

I think your point is that branding is everywhere and people are desensitized  to it. They don't think twice about a copyright line. 

yep :) I also don't mind flying the flag of another dev on my site either, as long it's not gawdy or obtrusive and IPS text link is neither...so i don't mind, the one currently on my site with a heart emoji in it, that is bothersome but i've been giving permission by the author to remove the emoji, which i can live with :) 

12 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

i remember once, a client of mine complained for well over an hour to me about how much IPS copyright was, and how it was wrong to force him to advertise for them on his site, it was his site after all, ya know. he did this completely without self awareness, sporting his $200 rayban hispter frames, his $50 nike branded t-shirt, his apple watch, with his iphone 6+ setting in sight of the camera on top of a ipad, and then he was drinking from a coke can...frankly branding is every where, and most people are unaware how much of a walking billboard they are themselves.

i really don't have a point, i just wanted to tell that story, it always amuses. 

5 minutes ago, Aiwa said:

I think your point is that branding is everywhere and people are desensitized  to it. They don't think twice about a copyright line. 

I really think ( in my opinion ) most people do not care. There could be a few that do, but the majority don't. 

• 3 weeks later...

In a nutshell,
For those who wish not to see the IPS Copyright or any other just pay for the removal, BANG! its Gone!
Personally like many others I don't mind the copyright being there for a few of reasons.

1. It shows legitimacy. I own the full version suite rather than one that is pirated.
  2. I own quality rather than some lesser brand with lesser support.
  3. Security for those visiting or purchasing from my site

A funny thing that I see reoccurring over the copyright issue is that no matter how many times this is brought up it up, those that complain are still using the product as is.

Archived