Captcha on Login Form

sweethoney

22 hours ago, sweethoney said:

nope there is no luck its just a wast of time i even tryed

reCAPTCHA

so its just on the sing up page

The Keycapthca works fine. I am using Keycaptcha at the moment, it does work in the Popup Login Form. try with that forget the recaptcha for a while until Edward finds a solution, hats off for him to get working onto this.

21 hours ago, Edward Shephard said:

Not yet.  The plugin itself is just elegant simplicity, adding one standard form helper element to the login form.  I've even tried adding the form element directly in to the class methospd and it still doesn't work.  So the standard IPS captcha form helper won't play nicely with the standard IPS popup form.

interstingly if you lookin the IPS captcha js file from Rikki it notes that the standard google js doesn't meet coding standards and you have to use the IPS js ui widget to get around this, specifically if you want to use captcha in a popup form.  That would be okay if the form came from a template, but this one comes from a class method and at the moment I can't quite see if or how I can add a js ui widget into a method.  I have asked in the developer forum if anyone else has done this but it may be that it is simply a limitation created by both systems that we can't get around.

You'll just have to leave it with me.

Thanks for explaining bro. We will be waiting for the hook to get work with ReCaptchas ... Its a needed Hook. Good luck with that

I'm afraid I'm going to give up on this.   It is clear that the recaptcha that is loaded with the standard form helper doesn't work when it's late loaded as part of a pop-up form - this is documented within the code.  It maybe that it is possible to adapt the ips.ui.captcha widget, but at the moment I can't see how and don'r have any more immediate time to put to it.  If anyone else want's to try then please feel free. Sorry.

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2017 at 2:52 PM, Edward Shephard said:

I think I may remove this from the marketplace.  It is currently problematic  and some of the planned changes to 4.2 are only likely to exacerbate this.

Unless there are plans to remedy the current issues, I don't think it is compatible with the current version of IPB and I'd be surprised if CAPTCHA on login wasn't implemented in a near future version of IPB.

Archived